Sunday 1 September 2019

STB September 2019 | You Make My {Heart} Smile

Hello my scrappy friends and welcome back to my blog today!! 

My first share for September is for Scrap The Boys and this months challenge is all about the flowers! 


Now, if you had told me only about 2 years ago I would be using lots of flowers on my boy pages I would have laughed at you but, oh boy, I just LOVE this page and love, love, love all those florals!


I have used another cut file from CUT to YOU paired with the gorgeous Paige Evans Whimsical collection. I chose this collection because I didn't get much of it but I did make sure I grabbed the gorgeous floral ephemera pack which I have both been busting to use and hoarding lol


I had this sweet photo of my oldest boy with his new cousin and thought this was a perfect match for this challenge and this collection so printed the photo the right size to back the heart in this cut file.


I used a little bit of mixed media in the background using the packaging technique after using a little bit of white gesso. I've used 2 Shimmerz paints in a yellow and an orange-yellow. 


And then I layered up those gorgeous florals. There wasn't much rhyme or reason to which florals I chose though I did try to make sure that I didn't put the same colour on top of the same colour and I did intentionally only choose the florals without the white border.


You can see my process video either on my YT channel or simply hit play below


Make sure you pop over to the STB blog for ALL of the gorgeous inspiration provided for you by the amazing DT and that is also where you can link up your take on this month's challenge!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, happy scrapping!

Melinda
x



No comments:

Post a Comment