Sunday 26 October 2014

Documenting December 2014

Hi there!!

Yes, you read correctly!! Documenting December 2014!!

An original idea by the name of "December Daily" created by the amazingly talented Ali Edwards. For more info head over to Ali's blog here. This is my 2nd year participating and I have been looking forward it, well, since last December!!

This is a post to outline what I'm using this year because I think that all the goodies I am using deserve their own post!!

I have been asked by the lovely Michelle over at The Stamp Spot to be a part of her Documenting December DT this year and will be predominately using her main kit, her red add on kit and her teal add on kit :) They can all be found here over at Michelle's store. And for a run down of the gorgeousness in the kit head over to this post on her blog.

I had already decided on my colour scheme (if truth be told last year!!) so when she told me she was creating a kit that was kraft, white and gold based my heart leapt with joy!!

I was so excited to receive my goodies that I unpacked them all and have popped them into the cane basket I will be using so the photos I share of the kit/s are the 3 combined.


Please be aware that the tree veneer and the red candy stripe acetate 3x4 you can see in the picture above snuck in to this pic and are not included in the kit from The Stamp Spot - I think either little 2 year old hands or 4 3/4 year old hands had a bit of a play when I wasn't looking and I haven't had the chance to re-photograph!! Again, please head over here to see the full contents of The Stamp Spot's kit :)


Aren't are the bits and pieces just gorgeous!!

I also purchased the Very Merry Freckled Fawn December Embellishment Kit through Michelle too and have picked through it and separated out the pieces I will use. This is available here.



The album I am using is actually one from the Studio Calico DD kit from last year that I purchased locally from someone that didn't use it last year. I have altered it somewhat and LOVE how it came out!!

This album started out as raw chipboard with the stars embossed and the red fabric spine :) Some masking tape, scrap paper, white and also gold spray paint and hey presto, a star embossed, gold December Daily album!!

Prior to being asked to join Michelle's team I had started collecting some supplies, which now I'm not sure I will even use - oops!! But I will pop these into the same basket I have my other kits in. Funnily enough I picked out some of the papers that Michelle had already included in the kit!!


Above are the paper pieces I have collected over the last couple of months and have added to my kit.


And above are all the non-paper bits and pieces including stamps, sequins, enamel dots (both round and star shaped!!), buttons and other self-adhesive rhinestone pieces.

The only other items I will be using are some white and kraft coloured cardstock that I purchased as 12x12 sheets and have cut down to 6x8, 6x4 and 3x4 sizes, some black archival ink and more than likely some gold embossing powder.

And here is all my bits and pieces in my cane basket, including my album!!


I have managed a little start to my album cover and here is a sneaky peek!! I can't wait to share it with you in it's entirety! Until then, if you are after some ideas for organisation of your own supplies for December head over here or here to see some of Michelle's awesome tips and ideas :D



As always, thanks for stopping in and happy scrapping!!

Mel
xx


2 comments:

  1. What a great stash! can't wait to see the progress on your album. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great box of supplies, it is going to be awesome. This is my 3rd year doing it and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete