Saturday 25 October 2014

Thinking of You Kit

Hi there!!

Just thought I would pop in and share a card I made with the gorgeous Kit from Saturated Canary for an application for a Guest DT spot over on Krista's blog. Sadly I didn't make the call (wow, some crazy talented people applied!!) but had a heap of fun and stepped out of my comfort zone completely! Kit is gorgeous but normally an image I would reach for and this was a 1st time effort playing with watercolours for my background.

So, here is my card


My copic colours are as follows:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20
Hair: E51, E53, E55 and E57
Clothes
Blue: B21, B24, B26, B29 and 100
Cream: E40, E41, E43 and E44
Brown: E70, E71, E74 and E77

I have used a kraft coloured base for the card, some Amy Tan woodgrain paper and some watercolour paper that I have actually painted. I am so happy with the way those watercolours turned out!! It took a couple of go's and a few YouTube videos but I got there!! As you can see I have stitched with my machine around the papers. On the right hand side there is a strip of Heidi Swapp paper that I have used a lace doily Martha Stuart punch on and some gorgeous vintage looking lace. All my paper layers were inked with walnut stain distress ink and a blending tool.

Here are a couple of close ups




As always, thanks for stopping in and happy scrapping!

Mel
xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this card, what a coool background and the colours - ohh my!! Thanks for leaving me some love on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete