Saturday 14 February 2015

Project Life with Dusty Attic and a Sweet 16th

Hi there!!

I am very excited to share with you some of our Project Life from 2014 that I have slowly been catching up on!! It has been a very long journey getting this far with 2014. Long story short, my Pop passed away on 16th December and my love for/desire to do PL disappeared around the same time. But, it is slowly returning and with it some fun with some Dusty pieces and also paint!

I shall start with our week 49


Being the 1st week of December and me being a Christmas lover lots of red and Christmas themed bits and pieces over the double page.


The left side. All about 1st December - a few highlights!

I have used 2 of the chipboard alphas on this page - the "Mini ABC Set Upper Case" and the "Teeny Tiny ABC Set".


This title had a couple of different layers on it when I decided I need to change it up to work in better with the 2nd page. As the card was already all put together I simply pulled out my versa mark re-inker and a paintbrush, painted the alphas and sprinkled on some gold embossing powder, heat set and voila.



These alphas I applied a coat of gesso then used my gold wink of stellar brush to add some gold and some sparkle. Not that it is that obvious in the photo....


The right side. I was able to squish most of the rest of the week onto this page!!


Here I have used the "love this love that arrows" and "word pack 6" - absolutely perfect for my 2 little ratbags!!



I have actually separated the 3 layers of this piece, easily, by soaking the piece in water (ta-da, one piece is now 3!!), waiting for that to dry - I do have to confess to using my heat tool ;), then applying the piece to my versamark pad and sprinkling on gold embossing powder and heat setting.
Also, just to share, that is my awesome goodies from Jen to play with over the next little while which I had received that week in the post - squeal!!!


Again with the gold embossing powder but this time I did not separate the word.

Moving right along.

Next I am sharing with you the front side of insert I included for week 49.



Not a great deal of embellishing but there are some more of that awesome "teeny tiny ABC alpha" and also a mini banner from the "mini banners" set.


This time I simply used a sponge dauber and the gorgeous "vintage gold dusty in colour" paint. I couldn't get it to photograph so that you can get a really awesome idea of the shimmer in this paint by wow!! I totally love it!!


This banner was treated the exact same way! So pretty and shimmery IRL!

And our last page that I have completed for 2014 to date is our week 50.


You would be correct in assuming there is no chipboard on this page but I went to town with that gorgeous gold paint on most of the cards on this page!!


So, this is the left hand page. 

For most of the paint on this page I have used dollops of the paint straight onto my craft mat mixed with a little bit of water to make it a teensy bit runnier and easier to spread/paint around the edges of the cards. I have applied that technique around the "wishlist" card top right, painted a layer over the "Santa selfie" card before I stuck anything down, around the edges of the of the next 2 cards and then around the edges of the striped card 4th along. Again, around the edges of the bottom left hand card.



You can also see a few gold splatters on both of these cards. Again I have used the gold paint but this time added more water - about 50/50 paint water, mixed it up with my paint brush and splattered it along the card.


Our right hand page.

Again, more paint around the edge of the top right card, the 2 black cards along the middle and the white layer on the middle card in the middle row.

Such an easy and fun way to add sparkle and shine and pull the whole layout together!!


And just a bit of a close up of the detail along the middle row!!

That is all of our PL I have to share with you so far this month but I do also have a card to share!!

My gorgeous niece turned Sweet 16 on 28th of last month!! 16, holy smokes batman, where on earth has that time gone?! But I found this gorgeous digi stamp called Kira by Saturated Canary and it reminded me of my beautiful girl so I HAD to use her on a card!!


I had so much fun putting this together with her in mind! I did txt her to check her fave colours and purple and green it was!! I have used some 6x6 papers by Pink Paislee from the Colour Wash line along with some gold glittered enamel dots, purple flowers, a few pieces from my stash and that gorgeous "mini view finder" along with the "mini feathers" from Dusty.

The mini view finder was very simply versamarked and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The feathers, I decided to separate the layers as I didn't want the card to be too top heavy. After that I applied a quick coat of gesso - like I said, I learnt something at my latest class - then went to work with some purple water colour paint. Though I am not a purple fan I am so happy with how these turned out!! Those purple flowers pulled it all together for a card that I loved making and my niece loved!! Yay for giving cards that are loved!!

That's it for me for today!!

Make sure you play along with our February mood board challenge for your chance at a $100 voucher to the Dusty Attic store.



Happy Crafting!!

Mel
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment