Sunday 5 April 2015

Life Zesters April Challenge!!

Holy smokes Batman!! April already?! Where on earth has this year gone?

This week brings about not only Easter but the start of Term 1 school holidays here in Western Australia!! I am both very much looking forward to it but I know by the end of the 2 weeks (well, I expect!!) I will be over it! But who knows, perhaps me and my little people will surprise me!!

So, I am here today sharing my 2 page PL spread for our April Challenge over at Life Zesters which is a fun sketch!!

I personally have NEVER done a sketch in my PL before so this was most certainly a challenge for me!!


But first, our sponsors for the month!!



First up we have Freckled Fawn with a $15.00 voucher to their store :)


And our 2nd sponsor this month is Imaginarium Designs with a $20.00 prize pack up for grabs :) 

And here is the sketch




And here is my take on it :D


I turned the sketch and also changed the size - I was working with a design E page protector and thought this photo worked well within the sketch. I am super happy with how this turned out! This little guy of mine is so serious yet so funny! He totally has his own style, not to mention his Mummy wrapped right around that little finger of his ;)

Here is the card in the page


So, this is the left hand side of our week 4 2015.


And the right hand side.

I have used the "Dreamy" PL kit by Heidi Swapp, some labels from my stash, some alpha stickers and some veneer pieces throughout. You can't see it very well (ok, well not at all!) in the photo but I actually went over the "life is beautiful" text with my clear wink of stellar brush for a beautiful shimmer to that card!


That bottom left hand photo is actually a flip :)


And here are both pages together.

I actually really loved the challenge aspect for this month - took me right out of my comfort zone and got me creating!! 

Make sure you head on over to the blog and to the brand new Life Zesters Challenge Group over on Facebook to keep up to date. The FB group is brand spanking new and with it will be a few changes to the rules for the challenges!! 

Thank you for stopping in and happy, happy scrapping!

Oh, and to all of you have a fabulous Easter break, whether you have had all 4 days or none, enjoy what the bunny brings and stay safe. I know we will be making another cartoon style "trap" for him ;)

Mel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment