Tuesday 31 March 2015

It's been a card type of month!

Hi there!

It has been a couple of weeks since I posted anything here and that is mostly due to a crazy busy personal life! March has another of those full on weeks with 7 birthdays in 7 days! And this year we had a friend give birth on day 7 which makes 3 birthdays on the one day!

I am just dropping in to share some of the cards I made. And I say some because a) One of them is for an upcoming DT post with Dusty Attic and b) I often forget to take photo's of the cards I give out!!

First up is my Mum's birthday present which was a set of 10 cards that she asked me to make for her in lieu of buying her a gift.


So, here is the set of 10 :) They are all very different and not so much a "set" really but lots of fun to put together!!


Had so much fun with this one! Stamping, heat embossing and a type of water colouring using ink pads and an acrylic block. Here is where I found inspiration for this card :)


Some more stamping, gesso and a few layers of ephemera along with a Charms Creations heavenly heart and a chippy sticker by Pink Paislee :) This was inspired by this card.


A paper layer, some hand stitching, a die cut and more stamping :) And of course, some sprinkling's of Heidi Swapp Navy Colour Shine. Inspired by this card here.


A very simple card here and inspired by this card I found on Pinterest.


I am so happy with how this one turned out. And my inspiration was found here.


Again, inspiration was found on Pinterest, here. This was about the 4th of this style of card I made and this one I used a stencil with some matte medium after I did some background stamping.


I am totally loving watercolouring at the moment. I seem to use it ALOT! And here again you will find my inspiration. 


Masculine card! I find these so hard which is surprising considering I have 3 boys to make cards for!! Again, another pinterest find and you will find it here :)


Playing with mixed media! And loving it!! Some random chippy pieces, some torn paper and some modelling paste with stencils. Oh, there is also some stamping, some alpha stickers and Heidi Swapp Citron, Teal and Navy colour shine. The black border was done with a paint pen.


Last but not least :) Pretty simple in it's design but I LOVE this card too!! I think I shall even duplicate it so I have some in my own stash! Stamping, paper scraps, washi and some chippy stickers and all done :) My inspiration came from this card, again on pinterest!

Mum loved them and I just hope whoever she gives them to loves them as well!!

The only other card I have taken a photo of that I can share is a card I made for our niece's (hubbys side of the family) 2nd birthday which has crept up on us so quickly! I can't believe she is 2 already!!


The image is from Scrappers Delights and can be found here :) This was the first card I made inspired by this card on pinterest. The above card linked to the same image was then inspired by this....

The copic colours I used are as follows:
Mane/Tail: R81, R83, R85 and R89 and BG10, BG13, BG15 and BG18
Body: W3, W5 and 0 (colourless blender)
Wings/Horn: Y00, Y02, Y04 and Y06

And, yep, I actually fussy cut her!! Doesn't happen often but it does occasionally ;)

Well, that's it for me for today!

I am slowly catching up on our 2015 PL album, I can very happily say that 2014 is DONE!! Complete. Finished. Yay!! I started work on Week 5 on Sunday afternoon. I have a title card done, photo's and journalling cards in and just need to make it all pretty ;)

Oh, I have also handed in my completed final class image for the Clothing Class over at Kit and Clowder!! Awaiting (perhaps not so patiently!!) feedback but I had so much fun with this image!! Will share it here when I get feedback and find out if I passed ;)

Thanks for dropping in and happy scrapping :)

Mel
xx






1 comment:

  1. LOVELY cards.....I've been making a few too, atm:) LOOOVE that washi/star CAS one at the end.....thinking I might use that idea for a few 'stash' ones, too:):))

    ReplyDelete