Monday 1 July 2019

K+ July Challenge | Create Art

Hey, hey my scrappy friends and welcome back! It admittedly has been a little while since I blogged anything but here I am for a new month of challenges.

I'm kicking off July with my take on the fun K+ challenge for July and I oh so love this mood board and my finished page!


TBH to start with I was stumped - I have never been to India, I have never done a Bollywood thing in my life and I got all caught up in the actual "Bollywood" theme. And then I looked at the moodboard differently. I simply approached it as a mood board, what inspires me? What jumps out at me? What do I love about it? And then it was easy! Bright, bold colours and (of course!) GOLD!


It's tricky to see it in the above photo but I have a big gold mandala design in my background that I have used the Foil Quill in my Cameo to create. It is not super obvious in the photo's but looks great IRL!


So, I have my gold element, time for bold, bright colour! I had a request recently on YT for some Minc action so I pulled out my foil colours and chose blue, pink and orange and then picked paints to match.


Nothing fancy on my back ground, just lots of bright splatters with the 3 colours I chose. And, of course, gold ;) 


While that dried I Minc'd my title alphas, going with gold (create) and one of each of the colours (art). I just LOVE how this turned out! Oh, FYI, when I put stickers through the Minc I just stuck those to some baking paper, popped that into the carrier folder with the foil on top and voila!

Getting into the groove of Minc'ing I decided to add more shiny gold! I pulled out some Minc stickers and foiled those in gold too. They had too much white border so I ended up sticking those to white cardstock and trimming after they had been Minc'd.


If you'd like to see my process (and how I went from one design idea to my finished design) please either pop over to my YT channel or simply click play below! I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by but make sure you head over to the K+ blog too for ALL of the incredible DT inspo over there. The girls on this team are oh so creative!!


Until next time, happy scrapping!

Mel

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment