Tuesday 5 May 2020

March 2020 Homemade Kit | Creations | 7 layouts & a card

Hello once again my scrappy friends and welcome to my blog!

Today's share is to show you all of the things I created with my March 2020 Homemade Kit - in total 7 12x12 layouts and a card!

First up you can see the video flip through below - it's long, so grab a cuppa or vodka ;) The card is not in the video, I was inspired after filming lol


And onto my creations!!

First up was this one for Scrap The Boys March 2020 Challenge


You can see my process video below


Next was this fun page using drippy water colours and a tonne of ephemera pieces and stickers! 


Again, process video is below


Third was this page, inspired by a class I am currently doing with Shimelle



And you can see more close up's of this on this post on my blog.

Fourth was another layout inspired by Shimelle's class.


As hard as it was to use it, I love that I used that gorgeous rainbow stripe paper! 

Next up was this page - Seek Adventure In Books.


This page was created by following along with Sue Plumb's class that was created for a Cyber Crop and you can see her video here.

I did create a process video for this one and you can see that by clicking below!

VIDEO COMING SOON I PROMISE!!

Layout 6 was created while I was Zooming with a scrappy friend actually! I had a lot of these blue and green papers left so decided to create a stack with most of what I had left.


The paper layers were topped with these fun & silly photos of my youngest and this fun cut file I had cut previously from CUT to YOU!

And finally, with mostly scraps left I created this layout, again featuring my youngest.


The "Sun Kissed" title was perfect for this photo!! I kept this page pretty simple. A few layers behind my photo, some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in Gold smooshed onto my background and a loose vertical line of butterflies.

I really, really love the end result!


As I mentioned, I threw together a card after I turned off the camera!


A few simple layers, a giant butterfly and a few of my left over ephemera pieces.

I am really pleased with just how much I got out of this kit!! 

I did learn a couple of lessons too which I can use for future kits

- I added in WAY too many embellishments/stickers
- Though this kit was created using a rainbow stripe pattern paper as the base it became very blue/green
- I do love a bigger variety of coloured/patterned papers

So, I shall apply these lessons to building my April kit!
Which, by the way, you can find here on Khristina's blog!

I hope you enjoyed my shares and I can't wait to build and create and with Aprils kit!!

Until next time, happy scrapping & stay safe!!

Melinda
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment