Monday 11 May 2015

Project Life 2015 Update

Hi there!!

Just wanted to pop in here this morning and share a bit of an update on our 2015 Project Life album!

Firstly, I am totally loving the process and ALMOST up to date! Woo hoo!! The closest I have been since December or there abouts!!

I have completed in my album our weeks 1-15 and weeks 16 and 17 are sitting in sleeves in our album awaiting cards and journalling! 

I have done a little blogging of some of our weeks with a couple of various DT posts so I will share links for those here and photos for the gaps and probably a couple more week spreads :)

You can find Week 1 here - A spread I did for the Life Zesters DT February Challenge. Sadly, LZ is no longer, the decision was made at the end of April to close it down :(

You can find Week 2 here - Again, a spread I did for the LZ DT March Challenge

Week 3

As this week sits in our album :)


I have used a 6x6 paper pad for this week, Creative Agenda by Echo Park and paired that with some fun dark blue enamel dots and stars, some labels, washi and alphas from my stash. 

The left side


And the right side


Week 3 saw my big boy's 5th birthday and party so of course an insert!

The front (I used a G design PP)


I have used a did TMNT paper pack which I purchased through Etsy and included his invite and also the tags from the lolly bags which I popped into a little pocket I hand sewed together top left :)
Bottom right is a flip :)


And then the back of the insert


Week 4 can be found here - I did Life Zesters April Challenge this month

Week 5

As this week sits in our album


I have used the Heidi Swapp September Skies PL kit and added in a few ephemera pieces from the same range and also those gorgeous glittery blue thickers.

The left hand side


And the right hand side - again another flip, top right - I have used heaps of these, they are AWESOME!!


And under the flip :)


Week 6

As it is in the album


I have used a PL Specialty Cards "Noted" pack paired with some Shimelle rub on's, alpha/word stickers and some puffy stickers from my stash :)

The left hand side


And the right hand side - another flip, bottom left


And what is under the flip with some journalling straight onto the photo in the A desgin PP.


Week 6 saw the start of Term 1 2015 which meant full time school for my big boy which called for an insert!!

This time I used an A design PP which I have cut down on the right hand side and then sewed back up along the cut edge.


I have used the Websters Pages Hall Pass range for the papers and some embellishments and also used some of the bits from the Heidi Swapp September Skies ephemera pack. The tabs I have used on the right hand edge are from Flutterby Designs - an Australian company :)

And the back


Onto week 7

I have used one of my most fave paper lines for this week - Simple Stories Daily Grind. I also found an ephemera pack for the same range - insert squeal of excitement!! Haha!! I have also teamed the ephemera pack with some glittery black thickers, I just LOVE this font!!

Both pages as they are in the album


The left hand side


And the right hand side


Now, one thing I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE about PL is being able to include some of the "stuff" the boys do. On the left side of this spread, top right there is a photo of Hunter painting. While we had the paints out (and knowing it was going to end up all over his hands anyways ;) ) I got him to give me a hand print on some white cardstock. This is his hand, exactly as it was (well, perhaps not with tips of his fingers missing!!) on that day. That is important to me.

And now I can hear my little guy is awake so I shall link you up to our week 8 and go and do the "Mum thing"! Week 8 was documented with a tonne of Dusty Attic goodies, painted GOLD and shared here.

So, that's it for me for today. I hope to be back very soon with some more PL updates, who knows, perhaps not only will our real life album be up date but perhaps my blog album will also be up to date!!

Happy scrapping and if you are reading and it is still Sunday, Happy Mumma's day, if it is Monday, Happy Mummas Day for yesterday and I hope Monday is kind to you!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Melinda
xx

1 comment:

  1. Great catch up of your PL....love those pages with the journaling right across the middle....& I DO adore the 4x4 size. I only got a few of those sleeves & have run out. ANNOYING....& i've so many others, I'm not buying any til I've used up the rest [by 2020!!!]...and those 6x6 sizes are BRILL.....AND [lastly] those flaps.....they are wonderful. BRILL idea:):)

    ReplyDelete