Thursday 21 April 2016

A couple of cards!

Hello there! I'm here today sharing a couple of cards I put together using the ever so fun Simple Stories "Life In Color" range (again!) for Scrapping Clearly. I have said it every post but I really, really love this collection and sadly, it is running low but I plan to use every single piece!

When I first opened my box of goodies I was hit with the idea of PL pages and cards! It took me a little while to be comfortable to use up some of those papers on cards (we all have that same hesitant feeling when it comes to cutting into a brand new 12x12 sheet, yeah?!) but I did it and am super happy with the results!

Card #1


For this card I decided to go a bit feminine! I love, love, love that pink paper I have used on the card base and those butterflies are just adorable! The pink paper is from the collection pack and the butterflies are from the bits and pieces pack. That flair (isn't it just gorgeous!) is from the MME On Trend 2 collection.

I did do a little mixed media in the background, it was looking very plain! I added a light coat of gesso and then used some gelatos and the very technical packaging technique. Once that was all dried I went back in with some Heidi Swapp colour shine in butter (love this colour!) and then adhered all my pieces. I thought the card needed just a tiny bit of something else and pulled out the sequins from Cocoa Vanilla Studio in the "Made of Awesome" range - that blue matched perfectly!

And here is a little close up :)


For my sentiment I just went with one of those gorgeous clear stickers and kept it pretty versatile :)

Card #2 - and just secretly, this is my fave ;)


I love how this card came out! I started with the pieces from the bits and pieces pack - so the tags, the globe and that hello. I thought it needed something more so pulled out the 12x12 sheet that has all the polaroid designs printed on it and cut that out to add to my layers and also added a plain old paper clip where there was one printed. I used my craft knife to cut around the edge of the heart and do some tucking of the layers.

I found my piece for the background (that gorgeous yellow and white stripe), layered my cluster on top and thought "it needs something!" So, out came the washi strips, the clear stickers and the sentiment strip stickers (from the 12x12 sticker sheet in the collection pack). And, of course the stapler!

Once I had my washi down, I again decided it needed a little more so pulled out the trusty gesso, a red gelato and some water. I also knew I wanted to add a few more small pops of silver so out came the silver thread in the sewing machine!

One final touch! Since they were on my desk already, I first reached for the sequins and that yellow was PERFECT! I scattered a few and called it done!

Here are a couple of close ups!




Again, I am totally loving this collection and thinking I need to make some more cards with the bits and pieces I have left! 

I hope this has inspired you to maybe use your traditional supplies in a little bit of a different way! 

Happy scrapping!
Melinda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment