Monday 13 June 2016

PL 2016 catch up!

Hello again!

I just thought I would pop in and get a start on sharing our 2016 PL album since we are in week 24 already and I am only up to week 7 so I don't feel like it's too late to catch up sharing here!!

I will go chronologically and link to the weeks that I have already shared/blogged :)

Ok, so first up, our 2016 cover page you can see here.

On the back of that page I have enlarged a photo of the 4 of us to fill 2/3 of the page protector and along the bottom I have made 4 3x4 journal cards for a little journalling for each of us - as some of this is personal I haven't photographed but I love how it turned out!

WEEK ONE

Since week 1 was only a 3 day week (I do like to keep all of the year in the same album/s) I only used 1 page protector in design E. Again I wanted to use up more of the Wild and Free collection by Glitz designs :)



WEEK TWO

I used the Shimelle True Stories collection here - both the 6x6 paper pad and the 12x12 paper pad mixed in with some stickers, some print and cut labels and some Amy Tan vellum alphas. The alphas were mounted on some white paper and fussy cut. I also decided that my pages needed some stitching and added in some using some shiny silver thread in a simple straight stitch :)

 Left hand side

 Right hand side

Title card

Week Three can be found here. I did this week as a DT page for Scrappingclearly using the fun Life In Color range by Simple Stories :)

WEEK 4

I have used here Shimelle Laine's newest collection Starshine. When I started putting this week together I only had the 6x6 paper pad so for the most part I have used only that :) I did add in some pretty glitter foam thickers and some October Afternoon Mini Market alphas.

Left hand side

And some close ups's of the left hand side

 A piece cut from the 6x6 paper pad cut apart sheet


The flower was a gift from a friend at the last retreat I went on and it just went perfectly ;) Thanks Angela :D

Right hand side


A flip pocket on the right hand side. Love these things, perfect for adding in just one more photo or some extra journalling!

Another flip pocket - this is the "title" card I decided to do as there were some more personal words I wanted recorded here. I don't mind if someone flipping through the album takes the time to read them but it's something I feel isn't necessary to share on the world wide web. I decided that my own more personal feelings/thoughts should be recorded somewhere that is not my diary so my boys as they get older can see the Melinda version of Mum :D

Week 4 also has an insert which have used a G design PP for and also the Starshine collection this time paired with not only the cut apart pieces from the 6x6 paper pad but a couple of sticker sheets that were on my desk from a goodie bag recently received at a retreat :)




Week 5 can be found here. I used the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Hello Lovely range and put this week together for a fun iNSD challenge over at Scrappingclearly.

WEEK 6

I went pretty simple with this week - I'm not really sure why I did but I'm calling it done :) I have used the Kiwi PL edition and decided to pull on the orange and tealy/aquay/blue colours in the kit.

 Left hand side

 Right hand side

Title card

Filler card - I saw this on my FB feed during the week and it was just too appropriate for me to not use!

So, that is where our album is currently sitting with "completed" weeks. I have an insert to do for week 6 - my big boy started year one and my little boy started Kindy Kids - 3 year old kindy so these things MUST be documented!!

I have photo's in page protectors up until week 14 and photo's and cards in page protectors up until week 11 so hope to get some more time to play with our album! I have discovered the more I create the more I WANT to create so yay!! 

If you would like to see more of my process or have any questions please let me know in the comments or pop over to my FB page here and ask away!!

As always, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and extra special thanks to those that leave comments, I love getting feedback :)

Happy scrapping!
Melinda 
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment