Sunday 12 June 2016

Party Like a Superhero

Hi, hi and welcome to my blog today!! I am super excited to share this page!!

I was sent the stunning Starshine collection by Shimelle - it has finally landed in Australia but be quick to pick yourself up some of the bits before they are all sold out!! I have been awaiting this collection since it was first released at CHA earlier this year and it was so worth waiting for, Shimelle, you have totally nailed it again!!

Ok, enough with my fan-girl, love the collection talk and onto the page I created!


This page actually started as an experiment! I was on a local scrappy retreat and had taken along some white card stock and my fun new Bling Colour Blast paste. I picked up a 12x12 stencil while at retreat and figured what better time to have a play!!

The Colour Blast paste went on beautifully and dried super quick! As the colour dried it became more beautiful than what you see in the pot and honestly, if you want a gold texture paste, give it a go!! It's really difficult to see in the photo's but I also mixed some of that texture paste with water to make it quiet fluid to add some gold splatters along the diagonal from the top left to the bottom right.

I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with the page while I was still on retreat so I brought it home and went through my stash of photo's keeping in mind that I was desperate to cut into the Starshine collection. I pulled out these photo's of myself and my niece and myself with my bestie (and also my niece's Mum) at their joint birthday party from January - they went perfectly with the collection!

I used some blue acrylic paint mixed with water and some plastic packaging to create that water coloured background and LOVE how it turned out!

Here is a close up of the photo cluster


My page warped HEAPS so I decided to mount it on that red "Juno" paper since I had used the blue paint in the background.

I cut apart some of the boxes from the "Galileo" paper and layered those in a fun, messy way behind my photo's, chopping bits from all of the rectangles so I could use them in multiple places behind the photo's. The camera's are also fussy cut from one of the papers - "Pathfinder" and that little tab is from the "Orion" paper. I also pulled some red thread from my stash to bring a bit more red into the page. 

You can also see here in the top left corner some of the splatters using the bling texture paste mixed with water.


The title is mostly made up of letters from my stash - the classic blue and red (glittery of course!!) superhero colours with a little bit of black. The blue letters are actually these ones by Heidi Swapp :)


A close up of some of the detail of the stencil and blue water colour.

You can also very faintly see the lighter gold flecks from the water/texture paste combination.

And one last photo at a different angle!


I love, love, love how this page turned out. And though it was hard to cut into those much anticipated papers by Shimelle I am so pleased I got to play with this collection and my new gold texture paste! I can't wait to pull it out and play some more!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment