Monday 20 June 2016

Brothers make the best mates

Hi there and welcome to my blog today! 

My very talented father in law took this absolutely gorgeous photograph of my 2 boys at a sleep over a few weeks back and I couldn't wait to scrap it!

I knew straight away I wanted the photograph to do the majority of the "work" on this page so have gone very clean and simple and have used the absolutely stunning Maggie Holmes Bloom collection.

Here is my completed page


As you can see I and I said earlier, I have gone very minimal on this page but I did hand stitch that title. Which took like, forever. BUT I LOVE how it turned out and love this whole layout. 

I have used the gorgeous reverse side of the "Flutter" paper for my background - I had to stock up on this piece - one for the butterflies to be fussy cut, one for this gorgeous side and for, well, it's pretty, so "just in case" ;)

And here is a close up of the title area


I have paired my hand stitching with the gorgeous gold glitter thickers from the collection and also the XOXO from the ephemera pack.

I don't think a more accurate photo of these 2 together and their love and sense of fun and cheekiness has ever been taken!!

I used a piece of that gorgeous gold vellum to back the photo and also a doily from my stash. 


I've pulled out the "so sweet" and "love you" little word strips from the ephemera pack. Also, that gold glitter heart and the yellow heart.

You can't see it at all but I have attached a little envelope behind the photo for me to put in a letter to the pair of these boys to find when they get bigger. I didn't want to add any extra to the page but I wanted them to know what this photo means to me as their Mummy :)

And here is a shot of the envelope hidden behind and between the layers


I think I said it already but I seriously love this photo of them and love this page! My FIL managed to capture so much more than their smiles in it and when I first saw it it brought a tear to my eye :) Yep, I'm a sook, haha!!

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping!
Melinda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment