Friday 23 September 2016

{ScrappingClearly DT} Spring CC Colour Challenge

Hi there!! Thanks so much for stopping by! I am here with you today with a quick share of my page and process for my colour challenge over at ScrappingClearly for our Spring Cyber Crop!! You can see most of my process in a video I have uploaded here

I hope you are enjoying all the fun we are having over on the FB group (if you have no idea what I'm talking about head over here and join in the fun!) and manage to get in some scrappy time over the course of the next week to play along!

As I mentioned above my challenge is a colour challenge and here is the page I came up with


My colours are teal, silver/grey, black and white :) 

I was in Target a couple of weeks ago and found these paper straws and I just LOVED the colours in them so picked them up knowing (or hoping!!!) I would/could use them on a page!

Here is a closer look at them since they were the inspiration for this whole page!


When I picked them up my mind went straight to the Colour Blast products I have used - Deep Water and Steel - in both the Colour Pastes and the Shimmer sprays. 

I spread both Deep Water and Steel through a stencil from my stash onto the background and also lots of sprinkles of both colours with the nozzle from the bottle. I actually managed to leave it to dry overnight - my impatience was occupied with other projects as I started this page while I was away on a recent retreat!


I have also used the Shimmer Sprays (in both Deep Water and Steel) to paint that fun banner from the Banner Delights pack by Heidi Swapp. I just used a paint brush and a little water :)

I stitched the banners down below the photo and straws and left the threads long as I wanted this page to be a bit fun and almost party like as this is a photo of myself and my littlest guy on his recent birthday.


That gorgeous fun white veneer word from the "Today" Heidi Swapp veneer pack fit in nicely between the layers and gave a bit more fun texture to the page.

Alphas from my stash for my title - again, something relaxed and fun!

I stuck the photo down with some fun foam to match the dimension the straws brought to the page, added some of the really cool WRMK Clearly Posh enamel shapes, some star and circle enamel shapes from my stash, my journalling, a little stamping in 3 places and finally a few little lines of stitching.

I'll leave you with a couple more close ups and hopefully lots of inspiration to play along! Make sure you head over to the FB group to see all the fun challenges and play along with all of the games happening over this weekend!



Happy scrapping and thanks so much for stopping by!!


Mel
xx





4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love that you got the inspiration from paper straws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish! LOOOVE the straws, your writing, the sewing....the whole page is really, really FUNTABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete