Sunday 5 October 2014

When I Grow Up I Want To Be...

Hi there lovely followers!!
I am a few days late this month with my share and link up for the gorgeous Inspiration Board Challenge over at D-lish for October as I have been sick but finally feel like I am on the mend!!

So, without further ado here is the STUNNING board that I got to work with for this months challenge as part of the Inspiration Team



It just has to be said this board is "Simply Fabulous"! I totally love it and though it took me a little while to work out exactly what I was going to do for the challenge this month I found myself continually looking at it!! Haha!!

After umming and ahhing for a few days I remembered that I have not yet scrapped any of my photo's from my 30th Birthday back in 2010 and my colour scheme matched almost perfectly to this board! My theme was "When I Grow Up I Want To Be..." and we had guests come dressed up as what they wanted to be when they grew up. And lots of kids party food. And lots of fun!

Here is the layout that I came up with using both the colours and the sketch for inspiration :)


I have used a bunch of D-lish goodies on this page including the pinkfresh studio coloured arrows, D-lish enamel dots, D-lish wood veneer, lime doily, aqua tulle (a bit hard to see on the left of the photo), the black chevron bag - perfect size to mat my 6x4 photo! and the label on the bottom right with the date!

That big pink star is actually one of the many many stars I had painted to decorate our home for the party, so please I held onto them!! I have also popped my invite into the bag :) Oh, and that spotty vellum was left over from the invites too ;)

And a little close up of some of the detail


So, as always, thanks for stopping by!! Remember to head on over to the D-lish blog to join in the fun this month!! 

Melinda
xx

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic page Melinda, I so love your layered grunge style. Totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun page Melinda!!! And it reflects the 80's theme perfectly...

    ReplyDelete