Friday 24 June 2016

Colour Blast Design Team Entry 2016

Hi hi! As the title may suggest, this is my entry for the Colour Blast DT call for 2016!

I only have myself a couple of the gorgeous Colour Blast products but I love them!! I have 2 of the colour pastes - Bling (such a pretty shiny gold!!) and Singin the Blues (another gorgeous colour!) and they are so awesome to work with! And I was super surprised at how quickly they dried!

Here are my 3 current projects and a few things about each of them.

First up I will share the page that I created specifically for this call and created my 1st process video for (you can find that here) Sweet and Sassy


For this project I used both of my colour pastes along with some Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel through a stencil to create my back ground. When that was dry I added in some splashes of hot pink Heidi Swapp colour shine and also some splashes of the singin the blues colour paste mixed with water to create a more liquid product. I also added in some splashes of Heidi Swapp colour shine in Navy at the very end.

All of the embellishments came from the June "Sweet and Sassy" Just Add Paper kit.

Here are some close ups:






I really wanted to try to get an up close and personal shot of the gorgeous texture in the background. This photo shows the fun texture but still doesn't really do the Bling colour paste much justice, it is so, so, so pretty and shiny and gold IRL!


Onto my next layout

This one I very recently shared on my blog and entered the Kraft+ June "It's a puzzle" challenge. All of the details can be found in this blog post here but a light coat of gesso and some mists and plastic packaging to create the background. And I backed that cut file with a 6x6 paperpad as my main focus :)


And for my 3rd project another very recent share! 

This was my last share for Scrappingclearly and something a little different. Clean, straight lines and lots of hand stitching :) You can find all of the close ups and details in this blog post on the Scrappingclearly blog or here on my own blog :)


Thanks for stopping by and wish me luck!!

Happy scrapping!
Melinda
xx


1 comment:

  1. Oh! Good luck with the call! The top page is brilliant & showcases their products sooooo well... I am lusting after those colours now, LOL!!! The other 2 pages are simply brill..... Love your K+ one....such a clever take on our challenge....& the bottom one. Totally gob smacked at all that stitching:):)

    ReplyDelete