Friday 2 June 2017

{Jot Issue 18} Hello Handsome......

Or perhaps good bye my future sanity!! Haha!

So, today I am sharing some close ups and the journalling that is on the page I was so excited to submit to, and have accepted, Jot magazine for their "Hello" gallery for Issue 18, published 1st June 2017. And you can view the whole mag online here!

Here is the page I created


And here is the journalling


It totally sums up this boy of mine. And though I love him, and though he is adorable, I just KNOW he will test me every single step of the way. Sigh, parenthood! But, I wouldn't change it or him for anything!

Here are a few close ups! I had so much fun putting this page together!


I started by choosing that background patterned paper by Stampin Up and some scraps from my scrap box. I chose to go with the black and white and that pop of that gorgeous mint colour!


Black Heavy gesso smeared across the background. Messy, torn layers. Little bunches of that beautiful mint thread. Cork (which I am NOT a fan of!!) hearts. Flair by Flutterby Designs. And a few extra little bits and pieces, mostly from 






I consciously decided to turn the camera off and just play and am so, so, so happy with the results. But I would be lying if I said I didn't wish that I had a process to share with you. I am really enjoying making the videos!

Anyways, that is my page. I am super excited that it got accepted for publication, I never imagined that that could or would be me ;)

Until next time, happy scrapping!!

Melinda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment