Tuesday 1 August 2017

{K+ August Guest} My Darling Big Boy ~ A scrapbook page

Hey, hey scrappy friends! I have a relatively quick share for you today but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my end result and am super duper excited to share!

So, of late I have been playing along with the very awesome and fun challenges over at Kraft Plus Challenges and I was lucky enough to be asked by Sandra to be their guest designer for August!! I gotta tell you, when the message came through I literally squealed!!

So, if you have yet to see this month's challenge it is "be inspired by trees" and I will be honest and tell you that I struggled with this for a couple of weeks before my idea came to fruition! 


First I thought "christmas trees" and then I was thinking tree colours and then I was stuck again. So, google to the rescue! I simply searched "tree quotes" and found this one


Inspiration struck and off I went! I used my cameo to draw out a tree shape BIG on my background and then used my amazing Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cubes to colour it up! 


I won't get into too much detail but we are having a few issues with my biggest littlest man so right now we are on a very emotional ride and doing the best we can (as all Mums and Dads do!!) and this was therapy for me. And a big long letter to my biggest boy on the back of the page, just for him, from me. Here are a few close up details.



I have incorporated the advice from a tree tucked into a bag behind the photo and something I hope he takes with him throughout his life, I believe some very worthwhile lessons/advice ;)


A few florals, I mean we are talking trees and leaves and he CHOSE to have his face painted as a rainbow butterfly, some splatters, sequins and hand stitching to finish it off!

I did record my process so if you'd like to see this page come together please just click below and watch away!


Sandra and all the K+ team, I so love your challenges every single month, with this month being no exception, so a massive thank you for inviting me along to be a guest this month! It was a true pleasure and honour!

So, that's it for me for today, I have some other projects coming up this week so until then, happy scrapping!!

Mel

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment