Monday 16 October 2017

{ScrappingClearly} Tis The Season ~ A Scrapbook Page

Hey, hey ScrappingClearly friends, Melinda here with you today with something a little different for you!!

Here is a sneaky peek


Any guesses as to what I've created?! Or been inspired by??

If you guessed this month's mood board you would be 100% correct! I was REALLY inspired by all of the Halloween-y type imagery and the colours, though I couldn't find a way to include the blue.

Here again if you haven't seen it is the mood board


And my completed project!


This is in a shadow box type product that hubby threw together with some spare MDF and because he made a stack I grabbed one super quick and got to creating! The frame was sprayed with some matt black spray paint and left to dry while I created my page!

I have used 3 patterned papers for this - My Mind's Eye - On Trend 2 - Little Things (the orange words) and 2 papers from the Pebbles - Spring Fling collection - Honey Bee (the black text) and Chalkboard Floral (my background sheet). I used a cut file from the Silhouette Store that I fell in love with the second I saw it and knew what I wanted to do with it so picked my papers and got my cameo working for me!

I knew I wanted some colour in the background and in order for my cut to POP I first applied a really quick, light layer of white gesso to fade those dots into the background some. Then I grabbed my Scribble Sticks in Tangerine and Ruby, some plastic packaging and got to smooshing some colour onto my background and also applying some splatters with the same mix of colour.


When that was all dry I added some splatters using my Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray in Bling knowing I was going to add more gold accents. While that dried I used my Black Soot Distress Ink to ink the edges of the "Tis The Season" words so they would pop a little more. And added some gold foil using my Mini Minc machine to some of the Minc Crate Paper Halloween ephemera pieces I wanted to use. I LOVE the pops of shiny gold and love the gold, orange and black & white mix of colours!


Once my background was completely dried all that was left was to glue everything down. Since I have used gesso on the background I did use my wet glue for everything to make sure it all stayed where I put it!


One final close up


How I love stars and how that they look any better than minc'd in gold foil?!?? Of course, there are a tonne of colours to choose from in the store if gold is not your thing!

Here is one final photo - this time the frame is stood up and I can't wait to find a home for it in the lead up to Halloween this year! My boys are super exited!


Remember, you still have almost 2 full weeks to enter our October challenges so head over to the ScrappingClearly FB group to find the albums with all of the details and the place to share!

Oh, I almost forgot! There is even a process video if you'd like to see this come together!


Until next time, thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping!


Melinda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment