Monday 14 July 2014

Mum's Day Twenty 14

Hi again!!

Here today sharing my (more than likely last!!) challenge entry for Wendy's colour challenge over at D-Lish Scraps.

This was actually quiet difficult for me to pull together - not colours I would work with together by choice - though I am not a die hard AFL fan I am a Freo Dockers supporter and yellow and blue are the other WA teams colours - The Eagles!!

Without further ado here is the challenge


And my take


More gorgeous Heidi Swapp Colour Pop paper as the background, some Navey Colour shine across in the diagonal. Some layers with some of the Studio Calico Atlantic range, a mini runner from Charm's Creations, a mini chevron bag, some Freckled Fawn blue acrylic stars and that cute camera veneer piece :) Those feathers are stamped with the Heidi Swapp ink pads in Navy and Mustard using a CTMH stamp set and I FUSSY CUT them, adhered with a teensy bit of tape and then using my sewing machine stitched down the middle of both :)

Here are a couple of close ups




I enjoyed the challenge of working out of my comfort zone with colours I wouldn'd normally pair together!!

Oh, I will add too that I used a sketch from Shimelle Laine as the base of my LO :) Here is the sketch


And in case you need it click here and you can head over to her blog where I find HEAPS of inspiration!!

Thanks again for stopping by and happy crafting!!

1 comment:

  1. You have rocked this one Melinda. I cringed when I saw the colours Wendy chose but gave it a go and like you am happy with my result. So glad you challenged yourself to do Wendy's colour challenge! :)
    PS: Carn the Pies!! ;)

    ReplyDelete