Sunday 29 May 2016

A creative journey - Part 2

Hi hi!!

Finally I have found/made time to write up this blog post for my 2nd entry in the fun circle journal project I'm playing along with!

The journal I received last month was absolutely stunning and I found myself totally overwhelmed and TERRIFIED to start! But, a coat of gesso, a post in our FB group, some helpful advise and off I went!

The theme in this journal was Enchanted/Whimsical/Fantasy. I think I went more with whimsical than anything more enchanted/fantasy themed and am super happy with how my page came together in the end!


An idea I had wanted to try for AGES was blobbing acrylic paint on my page then smudging it around with an old gift card and one of the suggestions was exactly that so I grabbed out my acrylic paints, blobbed it on and smeared it around!


An in progress shot! I started with yellow on the left (which ends up being the top of the page) but it just wasn't working for me so I went over it with white and green and am super pleased with the colours!

The colours were VERY bold and I wanted to tone them mostly done a little so I punched a bunch of circles from some acetate and lightly stuck them randomly on the page. I used acetate so I could see the colours/patterns behind while I worked and also because I knew that it would stand up to lots of different mediums if that was the way I decided to go!

A very light coat of gesso with a paint brush (I think! It could have been my finger!) over the whole page while the circles were stuck, some black ink and some clear and roller stamps. I felt that it needed a little more texture so I grabbed another stamp from my stash that has lots of stars and randomly stamped that around the pages as well. And then a couple of open star stamps as well randomly around the page.

Before I pulled up the clear acetate pieces I grabbed a sharpie and went around each circle once. After I pulled up the acetate I went around each of the circles a couple more times in messy circles. 


I wanted to include a different texture on some parts of the page so grabbed out my awesome Faber-Castell glitter bead medium and a circle stencil.



For my "sentiment" and embellishing I have pulled some of my gorgeous Dusty Attic chippy pieces, painted them gold and stuck them down :)

My final couple of steps were to mix some of my white and black acrylic paints with water and a big round brush to create some splatters. Once that was all dried I grabbed some black sequins and called it done!!

Love how it turned out and the day before I sent this on I received the next journal and oh boy, I am so looking forward to getting creative - the theme is "whatever" so yay!!

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping, or just plain, getting messy!!
Mel
xx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely sensational Mel, love your work. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Mel, so glad you had fun with it. I can't wait to see your next one!

    ReplyDelete