Thursday 22 September 2016

{ScrappingClearly DT} PL 2016 WK16

Hi there, I'm here with you today sharing one of my Project Life spreads I have put together using the gorgeous Maggie Holmes Bloom Collection!

I just love, love, love recording our every day and love the concept of Project Life but am "behind" in 2016. I use that term very loosely as I don't think of the project as a "I must be caught up type thing", it would be WAY too much like "work" and not FUN so here I am sharing our week 16 which is back in April!

First up I'll share where I start ALL of my PL pages - the title card for the week
  

I made these hearts as I missed out on them in the store but they are super easy to put together and I actually recorded my process in a previous process video which you can see here if you are interested - you could so make these with any products, any colours, any ranges and they would look so gorgeous!! 

I have used 2 of the E design page protectors - personally one of my faves - which has 4 6x6 pockets so I tend to reach for my 6x6 paper pads and this week was no exception! 

I always start my pages by planning (yes, I PLAN my pages otherwise I get way too confused!!) my photo's, printing my photo's and then slipping said photo's into the designated page protector/s for the week. Once that process is done I grab some papers or PL cards - and honestly, due to the nature of the day to day photos I work with, whatever supplies inspire me to create at that very moment! So when I got to the is week I was like right, Maggie Holmes Bloom is speaking to me and I have all those 6x6 pockets to work with!!

I slipped all the papers into the pocket from the 6x6 pad I wanted to use and got to creating my LO

Here is the completed left hand side


As you can see I do almost mini LO's on each pocket! I have used some of the pieces from the ephemera pack, the very pretty glitter thickers, some of the washi strips and of course some of those GORGEOUS butterflies I had cut from the "Flutter" 12x12 paper. I also added in some labels from my stash :) Oh, and I added in stamping using a fave roller date stamp.

Here is the right hand side completed


More ephemera, yummy thickers, washi and butterflies - this time cut from both the 12x12 paper and the 6x6 paper. More labels and stamping from my stash.

You will notice too that I tend to have lots to say! What can I say, I am predominately a story teller and that is what draws me so much into this awesome hobby of mine!

This week also has an insert. For that I used a 5x7 vertical page protector and this is the photograph in the front 


One of my absolute all time favourite photographs of my boys!!

I used the B side of the "Flutter" paper for the back paper layer for the journalling on the back of this photo and here is a photo of the finished insert


Another of those hearts made with some off cuts of papers, some of the vellum and some of the washi strips. And machine stitching :) A couple of the washi tape layers behind the heart, lots of journalling and a very simple, effective title with those beautiful thickers.

That's it for me for today! I am always working on some part of our PL album, I just love it and I hope that one day my boys will look back and enjoy this glimpse into what life was like as they were growing up! Remember to tell your stories, big, small, good, bad or anything in between, life is life and it is yours and so worth recording!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy, scrappy day!!

Melinda

PS. Are you guys as excited as I am for the upcoming Cyber Crop at ScrappingClearly this weekend?! Make sure you stop by the FB group here for all the fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment