Tuesday 28 February 2017

{Colour Blast} There May Be Something There ~ Art Journal Page

Hello, hello!! I'm here with you today sharing an art journal page I put together using some of the beautiful Colour Blast products!

Here is my completed page, can you guess which movie I was totally inspired by?! Haha


If you guessed Beauty and The Beast you would be spot on. It is after all my fave all time Disney princess movie and to say I am excited about the new movie coming out would be an understatement!

First up, a quick coat of Black Heavy Gesso - this stuff is gorgeous, easy to apply and when it dries it is beautifully smooth and black.


Next up a quick spray of the oh so pretty Bling Colour Shimmer Spray through a brick stencil. I then stamped off the excess back onto the page in a couple of places. (I totally got caught up in the process of playing and forgot an in progress shot but this is a close up of the stencil work after it had dried).


My whole reason behind creating this page was I had picked up this gorgeous Prima stencil and have recently received my DT order which included the Apple of My Eye Colour Paste and I just knew they were made for each other so I used both the Apple of My Eye and the Fire Engine Colour Paste through the rose part of the stencil and as that was drying I knew this was going to be my ode to Beauty and The Beast ;)


And so as not to waste any precious paste I had another art journal open, awaiting product. I flipped over the rose stencil and applied the excess to another page....


Next up, while all that beautiful texture was drying I worked on my title/quote. I decided to use some thickers but the colour didn't really work (LOVED the font) so I grabbed my Lipstick Colour Embossing Powder, my embossing ink and set to work.


At this point I added in my doodling for the jar with a white acrylic paint pen and also 3 more quotes from the movie with a gold acrylic paint pen.

I decided I wanted a little extra texture in the background so another stencil, this time with Bling Colour Paste, in 3 places. And I spread the excess off onto the other page, again, I can't bring myself to just wash this gorgeous stuff down the sink!! It was late at this stage so I left that to air dry over night.



The next morning it was all dry and I was loving how it looked. Time to finish it off!! I used my wet adhesive to stick down the thicker letters and some little clear alpha stickers for the in between words. 

I really love how this turned out, I do love to just play and see where I end up. Helps to have amazing products to play with!! 

Here are a couple of close ups and a link to my YT process video if you would like to watch my page come together.






Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!


Melinda




No comments:

Post a Comment