Thursday 7 December 2017

{ScrappingClearly} Don't Grow Up ~ A Scrapbook Page

Hey, and hello, fellow scrappers! I cannot believe we are in December already but here we are and here I am with my first share for ScrappingClearly for the month!

Again, for this post I am sharing in detail one of my takes on one of the 10th Birthday challenges and this was a little bit of a struggle for me as I chose the "Use the ScrappingClearly Colours" on your project. Which happened to be 85% pink and with 2 boys it can be tricky! I did however get permission from my almost 8 year old, and off I went!

Here's my page, and though it probably is not 85% pink I really do love how it came out!


And here, if you are interested, is my process video.
This one is short and sweet, this page practically put itself together for me!!



I started with a white cardstock base and a photo of my big boy from his 7th birthday party in January this year.
He just looked so grown up!! I knew IMMEDIATELY that I would use the "Don't Grow Up" puffy stickers for my title from the Boys Rule collection.


I wanted to do some stamping so grabbed my Arrows stamp set by 49 & Market and my Black Archival Ink and got to work stamping some of those gorgeous arrows in the 2 corners.


I added in some splatters using a range of Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Pots. The colours I have used are (lightest to darkest) Blush, Punch, Lipstick and Fire Engine.

While that dried I dug into my paper scraps box and pulled out the first 2 pink patterned papers I found, which were this one from the Maggie Holmes Bloom range and this one from the WRMK Crush range. I cut them slightly bigger than my photo to use as photo mats. I also distressed the edges of both patterns.

I wanted to get as much pink on the page as I could so I dug into my little bowl of "too big to go into my boxes" ScrappingClearly stash and pulled out one of these gorgeous Heidi Swapp bulldog clips. I have had these in my stash for AGES and haven't been able to find just the right place so I was super happy to get one on this page - it looks adorable!


I knew that I had some giant acetate numbers left in my C'est La Vie ephemera pack so I checked that the colours for the 7 would work and voila, pink and white!! Winning!

While I was in that box of goodies I saw these awesome black vellum word stickers with gold and added a few of those.


My final touch were some enamel dots, again in pink, with a few white stars thrown in too! Oh, and of course some journalling, in pink as well, and my date stamp.


This layout came together really quickly for me after I knew that my boy was ok with me using pink on his page and, I've already said it, but I really love it!!

I hope I have inspired you to create with your stash and while you're at it maybe you should check out our December challenges in the FB group - ScrappingClearly - both will give you the chance at an awesome $30 store voucher!

And don't forget our special Christmas challenge, which could bag you a WeRMK sewing machine!!

This one is due by midnight Sunday 10th, here.

Until next time, happy scrapping!!
Melinda
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment