Tuesday 26 December 2017

{ScrappingClearly} Ohh La La ~ A Scrapbook Page

Hey, hey and Happy Boxing Day!! I hope that however you spent yesterday you had a fabulous day surrounded by those you love! If your celebrations (like mine!) continue on for a bit longer I hope you have the very best time and manage to sneak in some scrappy time!

Today I am here sharing with you a page I created using the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie collection. I absolutely love this collection and have kind of been keeping it for a "special" occasion so every now and then I pull it out and have a play!


I don't know what it is about this paper but I love it! Simply adore it so I decided to go with that as my background. I have used some Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink in the background with the packaging technique for a little colour and texture!

A couple of paper layers behind my photo as a mat which are Papers #2 and #8


I knew straight away I wanted to use the acrylic mirror words for my title so also decided to add a little gold in the background with my Bling Colour Shimmer Pot. I love the colour but also the way this paint dries if it's a bit thicker, it's almost like a puffy dot of colour!!


I grabbed the "feeling fancy" piece from the Cut Apart Paper #1 and the floral acetate tag from the ephemera pack and layered them up next to my photo. I've also used a plain white die cut I had on my desk as a layer and then I found a scrap of this paper and fussy cut a few butterflies for my finishing touch along with some gold sequins by Studio Calico.


This page is a little "not me" because, as you can see, there is no journalling! It's not often I have a page with no journalling but sometimes I don't need to add any. Like in this case, I have other pages that go with this event and this is just a photo of me that I really like, I feel pretty fancy and the cut apart sums that up along with the title!

That's it for me for today, and in fact this year, however I will be back VERY early in the New Year with another share! I will be playing with the Pink Fresh Boys Fort collection and cannot wait to pull it out and find time to play!

Wishing each and every one of you a very happy New Year, may 2018 be YOUR year and may it be filled with lots of love and laughter, and of course, LOTS of scrappy time ;)


Melinda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment