Saturday 24 March 2018

{Colour Blast} My Special Boy ~ A Scrapbook Layout

Hey, hey!! Happy Saturday, Melinda here with you again today and I'm sharing some "special" photo's of my big boy that I had lots of fun scrapping!!


I can't wait to pull these out for his 18th or 21st, or heck whenever it seems funny to show some embarrassing kiddie photo's!! This page started with these photo's and title - I knew when I had these printed this HAD to be the title. I chose my alphas and then my colour scheme was picked for me - Just Blue and Bling!!

There is a process video here that you can watch and see my whole process and step-by-steps coming up!


Black cardstock base - after I realised I had NONE I stocked up and went straight for it for this page. A text stencil in the background and Just Blue Colour Paste for some texture and colour - I just LOVE the way the shimmer products POP on black!


After the Colour Paste was dry - I may have helped ;) - I grabbed my Just Blue Colour Shimmer Spray and Singin The Blues Colour Shimmer Spray and simply sprayed onto my background over my stencilling.


Because the background was not prepared with gesso it dried pretty quickly so I got to splattering - I have used a combination of the Colour Shimmer Spray's in Just Blue, Singin The Blues and, of course, Bling and also the same colours in the Colour Shimmer Pots/Cubes.



Time to build all my layers - I have used almost ALL Australian suppliers including Cocoa Vanilla Studios (You Rock collection), D-lish Scraps, Rainbow Splendor & Corbett Creations and also Flutterby Designs. Lots of blues and whites and then some extra texture with the wood veneer. The Bear may not make sense but I have always referred to my big boy as my Baby Bear and at the age he was in these photos he was OFTEN referred to as just that!


My final touches were some journalling using a white paint pen, some white thread and white splatters. My white splatters were a combination of Heavy White Gesso and water using a paintbrush and I love how it lifts the whole page!

Here are a few close ups






I just did a big batch of photo's recently and included some of these older photo's and am loving remembering the stories and scrapping them, I have so many ideas now!!

I hope I have inspired you to maybe pull out some black card stock or perhaps some older photo's and have a play!

Until next time, happy scrapping - remember, the messier it is the more fun it is lol


Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment