Wednesday 30 January 2019

CUT to YOU | Make A Wish | 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog today! I hope you have all enjoyed the lovely long weekend and celebrating all that we have and all that we are here in Australia!

Today I have my next share for you for Gwen's CUT to YOU store and I am using a "Christmas" cut file for a page for my littlest guy's most recent BIRTHDAY!! Yep, you read that right, a christmas cut for a birthday!! #winning


I have used the Make A Wish cut file in 2 sizes for this page. In actual fact, these were left over cuts from a card class I taught here in December and as I was packing up this idea came to my mind and I had so much fun making it come to life!


Here is the page I created and I really love it!!


I started with my background on my white cardstock - I think I used Bazzill Marshmallow. I applied a coat of clear gesso prior to starting and then pulled out a fun Echo Park bat stencil and got to stencilling some modelling paste onto my white cardstock. 


I have then used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours to add colour, well, not colour lol, to m background. I have used lots of water and paint and just added the colour until I was happy with how it looked over the top of the dried modelling paste. You can see in my process video just how I added the black!


When my background was dry I added some splatters in yellow using Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in yellow - I think my all time fave bright, happy, sunshiney yellow! And then in gold - using my watercolours and a paint brush.


While that dried I grabbed my die cut "Wish" words and randomly added in 3 different yellow colours using a combination of spritzing the colour on and painting it on. I have used Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in Butter, Lindy's Magical Shaker in California Poppy Gold and Colour Burst by Ken Oliver in Zest. I love the sparkle and the different shades of yellow on the cut files!

After that was all dry it was time to build up my layers behind my photo. I have once again pulled out my scrap box and looked for yellow, grey, black and white and layered them randomly behind my photo until I was happy with the way they looked.


I stuck the cut files down first as they were part of my background and then my photo cluster. I didn't want to or need to add too much more as embellishment but added in a couple of Batman flair badges and some more splatter in both yellow and white. 


My title was created with white thickers that I coloured with the Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in Butter. And finally, some white, black and grey enamel dots sprinkled all over the page and some yellow prills to 3 areas using matt medium. Oh, and of course a little journalling under my photos!


I really, really love the way this page came out. In fact, I think it's better than I had it planned in my head lol and that is a rare occurrence!

I hope you have enjoyed and that I have inspired you to perhaps look at your "themed" cut files in a bit of a different light!

Until next time, happy scrapping!!

Mel
xx

2 comments: