Saturday 5 January 2019

K+ January 2019 | The Greatest Thing | A Scrapbook Layout

Hello my creative friends and welcome back to my blog today!

Today's share is for K+ and though it took a long time for inspiration to hit I really do love my finished page! 


First up the inspiration piece for you - "Be inspired by Indigenous Art"


And my finished page

I have used a rhinestone cut file I have had in my Silhouette library for the longest time as I loved the small circles and knew it would work perfectly for the idea that had hit me! I wanted lots of colour peeking behind all of those little circles and started working on my background page while my file was cutting.


I have used a combination of Lindy's Magical Shakers and also some Brutus Monroe Colour Burst powders. I forgot to write down the colour names but if you'd like to know any or all of them leave me a comment and I can do that for you!


I have used a piece of white AC textured cardstock that I have not prepped in any way and am really impressed with the way it held up as I used a heap of water! 


I did some doodling around the circles before adding in my title - a quote I found when I googled "indigenous quotes" - using a whole heap of different alpha stickers.

I added a couple of layers and a few stickers around my layers, sprinkled some gold mist, added journalling and that was my page done! You can see my whole process in my process video, just hit play below and if you haven't already, please do hit that subscribe button!


I honestly found this challenge quiet tricky but when I found inspiration it came together super easy and I really do love my end page!

Make sure you head over here for the rest of the K+ DT inspiration and to load up your take on this fun challenge!

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Melinda
xx

1 comment: