Tuesday 1 October 2019

STB October 2019 | Super Awesome

Hey my scrappy friends and welcome to my blog today!! My share today is for the Scrap The Boys October challenge.


I just love sketches so was excited when I saw that this was the challenge for this month! Here is my take


You can see I have stuck very closely to the sketch but yet still made it a definite "Melinda page"


I jumped into my Cocoa Vanilla Studio "boy" stash, specifically to start with my "Boys Rule" collection which I just LOVE!!


I've used papers Happy Go Lucky, Good Times and Straight & Narrow for my 3 biggest background pieces and just love that pop of lime green in the middle!


This was all looking way too clean for me so I grabbed a couple of stamps and some black Versafine ink and stamped in a couple of pieces on my background layers. I've also added some splatters using green, blue and a grey.


I've used a couple more paper layers, one scrap from a 12x12 and some from the 6x8 paper pad. I added in a few ephemera pieces for layers as well.


My title pieces came from the CVS You Rock collection and so too did the film strip tucked into my layers.


I added in my journalling to one of the cut aparts from the 6x8 paper pad, right where the middle photo is on the sketch. And finally, some enamel shapes sprinkled around. So excited, I FINISHED a package of something lol


Unfortunately, due to some stupid tech issues I have no video for this page but I still hope you enjoyed!! Touch wood, all my tech issues seem to be sorted now so more videos coming soon!!

Make sure you head over here for the other girls' takes on this fun sketch and to enter your own page for this months challenge. Remember, I may have followed the sketch very closely but if it inspires you in another way just go for it and enjoy the process!!!

Until the next time, happy scrapping!
Mel
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment