Wednesday 8 April 2020

March 2020 Homemade Kit | Layout 3 | Best Friends

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog today!! 

Yes, you are reading correctly, it is Melinda and this is my blog and this is a brand new post!! It's been a while I know but, like I've said previously, this is not my fave platform to share on so I often forget about it! But, I am hoping to maybe keep it a little more updated, even just for a "here is the latest page I created, you can see it here and here" kinda thing!!

Anyways, firstly, wherever you are I hope you are well, with those you love and staying safe! I am currently at home full time with my 2 boys. We are making the best of the situation though that can be hard some days! Hubby is due to start working from home soon (hopefully tomorrow) so we will then have another "new normal" to adjust to!

If you don't follow me elsewhere I will start with what I am using and why!


I was inspired by Sue Plumb in March (yes, March lol!) to create my own homemade kit from my stash. Sue was inspired by Khristina Sorge and the monthly "recipe" she shares on her blog each month for said kit. Jumping in while I was inspired I created my own homemade kit and you can see all the contents of that kit here in my YT video.


Here is the recipe I used for the kit and I have linked Khristina's blog above so you can go check her out too! And see the new April kit lol


I have already created 2 pages with this kit and you can see process videos for both of them below


Process video is below



And the second page


And the process video for this one



Which brings me to THIS share! Layout 3 that I created late one night! 


I am enrolled in Shimelle's newest class "Start with a Sketch" and have used one of the sketches in it to create this and I really, really love how it turned out!!

Here are some close up's







I am so pleased I got so many elements onto this page from my kit! There are 2 paper clips, 3 of the word veneer pieces (which I painted gold) along with some of the confetti type tiny veneer pieces AND I have used some of that Vicki Boutin specialty paper!!

I still have quiet a bit left in my kit and am so eager to pull it out and get it used! This month has seen my finish off quiet a number of things that have sat on my desk for ages including our 2019 December Daily album!! WOOHOO! I will do a video flip through of that when I can find enough quiet time in my house and share on my YT channel!

If you don't follow me on other social media here are my links, I would love to have you join me on any one or all of them!!

FB page – Melinda Sweetman Scrapbooking: https://www.facebook.com/melindasweetmanscrapbooking

That's it for me for today but I really am hoping to get over here a little more often and share! I hope you have enjoyed and I'll see you again soon!

Melinda
x


No comments:

Post a Comment