Tuesday 30 June 2015

A Birthday Card with D-Lish Scraps Inspiration Board

Hi there! And sorry it has been so long since I blogged or shared anything!! I have been sick, my boys have been sick, my little guy is in a big bed and waking everyone up at stupid o'clock in the morning so trying to catch up with everything!! But I am here today to share a mixed media card that I made over the weekend for my Step-Dad for his 60th birthday!!

I saw this board with D-lish and just fell in love!! This is one of my most favourite colour combos EVER!!

Here is their board


And here is the card I created


I had lots of fun putting this together!

I started with a piece of water colour paper, applied a quick coat of gesso then grabbed my modelling paste and a Tim Holtz stencil. When that dried I got out my water colour paints and got to work on the background. It's a bit hard to see in the photos but there is 2 different shades of yellow splatters in the background. Also, that arrow sticker has a bit of an ombre effect. Then I pulled out my "Clockworks" stamp set from SU and stamped away!

Once all the water colours were dried I grabbed out one of my sticker sheets from the use it or lose it box (funnily enough the same one I keep going for!!) which is where the black chalkboard sticker, the arrow sticker and the circle sticker all came from. Inked them all up in black ink to match the card front then found some scrap paper and cut around a tag, found a die cut which I coloured black with an ink pad, stamped the "birthday" and attached the "happy" with my tiny attacher.

I added some black and yellow thread for interest behind the sticker layers then used my hot glue gun to stick it all down. Oh, those little word stickers are from my stash, MME I think.....

And here is a close up of the details where the stickers are


So, as I mentioned I had a heap of fun making this little card and am entering it into the D-lish Scraps current Inspiration Board "Captured Moments"

Thanks for stopping by and I really, really hope to back soon with some more creations! I am having withdrawals!! haha!

Happy scrapping!!
Mel
xx

1 comment: