Tuesday 9 June 2015

Tiddly Inks Challenge #159 - Super Power

Hi and welcome!!

Today I am sharing something a little different for me - 2 6" x 6" canvas' that I have made to go into my little guy's bedroom when we decided "it's time" (just quietly, it will NEVER be time!! Haha!!)

Enough of my chatter for now and onto the fun bits!!


Here is the 1st canvas using the ever so cute "My Super Boy".

The background was super easy to put together and I'm very happy with how they turned out! Both backgrounds are done in exactly the same way - just different colours.
First up, a coat of gesso to prime the canvas. Then some stamping with some Kaiser background stamps in black archival ink by Ranger. Then I used my modelling paste with a TCW stars stencil. When that was dry I grabbed my mustard colour shine and my red Kaiser mist and applied the colours to the canvas. They weren't "mixing" as I wanted so I sprayed on some water and let that dry. I used pinterest to find quotes and came up with this for our this little guy and got hubby to print at work on the laser printer so the colour of the ink didn't run when I used my matte medium to stick it down. I tried a new technique - not sure if I LOVE it or just LIKE it but it's done! I used my black watercolour pencil with a little puddle of water to go around the strips of my quote. When that was all dry, some black inks splats and then I popped the little cutie up on some foam tape :)


The copic colours I used are as follows:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20
Hair: E30, YR31, E33 and E35
Red: R22, R24, R29, R59 and C7 Blue: B12, B14, B16, B18 and B29 
Yellow: Y13, Y15, Y17 and E18 Black: C5, C7 and C9

And a close up of that quote


And onto the 2nd canvas


Here I have used "My Batty Hero" - just LOVE him!! 

I was going to only do this little guy for my little guys bedroom as we often refer to him as "Batbaby" - somehow we started a batman thing for him when he was little and it has STUCK!! He loves Batman so that is why I chose this particular quote!! And in saying that, he received for his 2nd birthday (August 2014) this gorgeous little guy on his birthday card from me and his daddy and if you would like to have a look I shared that card here.


The copic colours I have used are as follows:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20
Hair: E53, E55, E57 and E59
Black: C1, C3, C5, C7, C9 and C10 Yellow: Y13, Y15, Y17 and E18

And again with the quote


So, make sure you head over to the Tiddly Inks challenge blog to see what all the other girls have come up with and perhaps you might even find some inspiration to enter your own make!!

Happy scrapping!!

Mel
xx



4 comments:

  1. Wowee, what fantastic backgrounds for our current Super challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super cool projects! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em! The star bg's look fabulous against the super hero....& I reckon your boys will adore these:)

    ReplyDelete