Monday 18 September 2017

{ScrappingClearly} Zeus ~ A Scrapbook Page

Hey, hey ScrappingClearly friends! Melinda here with you today sharing my latest DT make!

I had a bit of fun with the moodboard for this page and am super happy with how it turned out! Here is a look at the moodboard if you have yet to see it or just need an update :D


And here is my take


Something a bit different for me - LOTS of empty white space and I really, really love it!!

I was inspired by the colours - the yellow, pink and green and by the splats in the middle of the board which is where I started my page.

I have used the awesome Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink pads in Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio and Worn Lipstick with some old packaging and the quick, easy smooshing technique to create the base of my background. I used a textured piece of white cardstock for my background and did not gesso or prep the page at all - I prefer the way the oxides dry not on gesso.




Look at all those lovely layers of colour!! To get that beautiful layered effect make sure you dry each colour before either adding another layer of the same colour or moving onto the next colour! I also added splatters of each colour after I had finished layering all the colours!

I added some stamping using my Darkroom Door Arty Circles stamp and the same inks I had smooshed - keep the pink with the pink etc etc. I love the extra dimension and interest this simple stamping adds!

I then decided to add a little more texture this time with a light grey ink and a couple of texture stamps from my stash.

When I saw the very Spring, bright and light board this month I thought it would be a good time to scrap the first photo's I took of our cat when we brought him home 9 years ago - you know, baby animals and all that jazz ;) So I printed these 2 out and added a few paper layers from the Squeeze 12x12 paper by Pink Paislee. I have used both sides of the paper to bring in the yellow and pink.


For my title I have used these thickers and since I brought in the gold I added a couple of other small pops of gold using gold thread behind the photo's in 2 places.

I added 3 of these Studio Calico printed veneer pieces in the green, the "hello" word and some of the white glittered hearts from the Pink Paislee sticker sheet.

My very final touch was some yellow sequins by American Crafts.

I am really happy with how this page turned out, different for me but fun none the less! Remember you have until the end of the month to get your own entries in in the FB group to win a voucher to the store!

Until next time, happy scrapping!!
Melinda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment