Thursday 11 January 2018

{ScrappingClearly} My Little Sailor ~ A Scrapbook Layout

Hey scrappy friends! Melinda here with you today with my next share using the Pink Fresh Boys Fort collection. 

I have run with the browns, greens and blues in this collection for this page and also the January 2018 sketch which I have taken quiet literally!! It's different to my "normal" style but I love playing with "different" and seeing how I can make it my own!


When I flipped through my stack of papers in my kit and saw this sketch there was absolutely no question that I HAD to use the "Wisdom" 12x12 patterned paper for my background with those squares that match PERFECTLY with the background on the sketch!


I have pretty much stuck to the sketch with all of the paper layers, I even added a blue card stock border around my whole page and then used the same blue to mount my photos. The papers I have used for my layers are "Bold" and "Game On" (the banners). I used a tag from my stash for the tag.

I have inked all my edges in Walnut Stain Distress Ink and also added some brown splatters using Colour Blast Colour Spray in Coffee.


I knew I wanted to use the green alphas in the Mini Alphas set in this collection paired with the WRMK Indian Summer alphas so grabbed some green gelatos and did the packaging technique by simply rubbing the gelato onto some plastic, adding water and smooshing it down onto my not gesso'd background. And of course splatters! I tested 4 different green gelatos (Green Tea, Lime, Pistachio and Spearmint) and felt that the Spearmint was the best colour for what I wanted to create so ran with that.


I stitched all of my layers using gold thread and love the extra little something that gives the page! I even stitched my "journal lines" on my tag and love how it looks and the texture it gives.


A few triangles from the ephemera pack and 2 printed veneer pieces, some stamping using again the Walnut Stain Distress Ink and my page was done!


And here is my final page


I do have a (half) process video up on the ScrappingClearly channel if you are interested in seeing this come together. I say half because I thought I had pressed record but apparently, I had not!! Oops!


I had lots of fun playing along with the sketch this month and I hope I have inspired you to play along too for your chance at a $30 store voucher! I will be back again a little later in the month with my take on the January mood board so until then, happy scrapping!!


Melinda


No comments:

Post a Comment