Wednesday 15 August 2018

CUT to YOU | Remember | Scrapbook Layout

Hey everyone and welcome to my blog today!! I am so excited to be here sharing my very first page as part of the DT with CUT to YOU!!


For those of you that perhaps may not have seen yet the very talented (and incredibly sweet) Gwen Wruck from Created By Gwen Designs has opened up her own little business designing her very own designs as cut files!! Now, if you don't own a silhouette or any other electronic cutting machine DO NOT run away!! Gwen not only offers her designs as digital downloads but also as custom cuts - in other words she will cut them, pack them and send them to you!!! How awesome is that?!?

I have used the gorgeous Floral Filled Heart 02 (the custom cut can be found here) and enlarged it to fit pretty much the whole of a 12x12 white cardstock sheet and got that cut on my mat.


I have kept this page VERY clean - there is not a single drop of mixed media to be found!!! but I wanted this beautiful cut file to make a statement so pulled some beautiful papers from my stash (to be specific it is the Prima Amelia Rose collection) and set to backing the flowers in the design. I have used mostly the darker colours for the pointier flowers and mostly the pale pink for the rounder flowers. 


For the bigger pieces I like to trace, cut and then stick.


For the smaller pieces I prefer to stick and then trim. You can also see (just) in this close up that I have strategically placed some of the patterned paper so you can see the rose gold in the centres of the rounder flowers.


After that was all done I decided to back the whole heart with some vellum and LOVE the effect it gives to the finished page. And then some white machine stitching. Though I did only do the heart and then the bigger of the flowers - it was tricky lol

I initially planned to stick the heart straight and right in the middle but I adhered my photo on way too much of an angle so decided to run the heart off the page and on an angle and I'm going to go with "it was a happy accident" - I think it was just what the page needed!


A couple of layers behind the photo, some stickers and a title and my page was done! And like I said, not a single drop (or splatter!!) of anything messy!

Make sure you head over to Gwen's store to see all of the pretties, oh, and I have a process video too!!


I hope you enjoy and until next time, happy scrapping!!

Melinda
x


No comments:

Post a Comment