Saturday 4 August 2018

Stuck On You ~ GDT ~ K+ August 2018 Challenge ~ A Scrapbook Layout

Hey everyone! What a busy start to the month I have had! I hope you are keeping warm and dry wherever you are!

Today's share is my Guest DT spot for K+ Challenges August 2018 Challenge


This had me STUMPED!!! In my process video I explain how I got to my idea but here is a little run down....



Google is my friend and when I get stuck off I head! A google search for "terracotta" showed me a tonne of terracotta pots and LOTS of photos of the Terracotta Army in China. The pots got me curious as I saw a few with different cactii in them so then googled "Cactus quote" and came up with "Stuck On You" A quick word with Gwen Wruck from Created By Gwen and she shared these adorable cactii cut files she had been working on and sent them to me early to play with them! And here is my finished design


I cut my cactii on Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock and got painting with some Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours (have I mentioned how much I LOVE these?!) and then I backed the open parts of the cut file with some scraps of patterned paper.


Then, would you believe it, I decided to use my sewing machine to stitch the cactii and pots!! This was a mission but oh my, it is so cute and I love how it looks!


I used some embellishments from the Photo Play "Stuck On You" collection and also some stickers.




Make sure you head over here to the K+ blog for lots of inspiration for this months challenge and over here for Gwen's Cut To You shop!

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Mel
x

No comments:

Post a Comment