Thursday 21 February 2019

CUT to YOU | This is My Right Now | A Scrapbook Layout

Hello my scrappy friends and welcome to my blog today, it's lovely to have you stop by! Today's share is my latest share for Gwen's CUT to YOU store and this time I am using another Travellers Notebook file but I have cut it BIG!! This one is the "This Is My Right Now" file.


And here is my finished page


I have cut this on a red/orange patterned paper to match the red/orange on the background paper I have chosen and backed the open letters with some plain vellum. The cut file has also been mounted onto some craft foam for some extra dimension and for me to be able to layer my embellishments both on top of and below the file.


I have used a bunch of Elle's Studio labels - both cut apart and sticker forms - to form the base of my 3 main clusters. One is to the top left of the title, one to the top of the photo and one to the bottom of the photo.


I have intentionally placed the cut file and photo where they are to allow a little more whimsy with tilting the photo as this photo is just (another!) photo of my boys being silly together and a bit of a funny story!


I did a tiny bit of mixed media in the form of black splatters using some Black Velvet Heidi Swapp Colour Shine where my 3 embellishment clusters were going.


Having this giant title really made this page come together relatively quickly as I didn't want to cover it up to much. I've also pulled in a few stickers from the Vicki Boutin #stickerbook to bring all those colours to all of my embellishment clusters.


I have a process video up on my YT channel today for this page for you too so do head over and check it out if video's are your jam!


As always, I have linked everything in my blog post and you can find all the links also on my video! Oh, and make sure you head over to the new FB Page Cut To You and hit that like button! Thanks so much for choosing to spend some of your time with me here and/or on my YT channel, it really is appreciated!!

Until next time, happy scrapping!!

Melinda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment