Monday 11 February 2019

K+ February 2019 | We're All Potterheads | A Scrapbook Layout

Hey everyone and welcome to my blog today! I cannot believe that we are almost in the middle of February already! If the beginning of the year is any indication this year will be over in no time!

Ok, so onto my share! This one is for the K+ February 2019 challenge and I had lots of fun creating this page! Book inspiration!!


Straight away I knew I wanted to document the love my little family has the Harry Potter series of books and movies so my page came together pretty quickly after I staged my photo ;)


As you can see I have used book paper in my design as well a photo of books.


I have torn pages from an old book and used them to not only layer in my background but to create my title as well!


My title is using a font called Harry P which I found at dafont.com and cut twice on my cameo. Once on plain black cardstock (if you know the trick to getting a perfect cut on black PLEASE share!!) and also on my own patterned paper I created. You can see the full process of how I made my paper in my process video below but here are the few easy steps:

1. Use a scrap piece of cardstock and cover in your wet adhesive of choice - I used matte gel
2. Stick torn pieces of old book paper randomly onto the scrap of card applying the adhesive over the top as well if you want it to seal.
3. From here when it is completely dry you can add anything you like! I have used gelatos and a lot of water. Then I cut on my cameo.
Easy, right?!



Onto my background. I was watching Jess from Scrappy Sisters on YT and she created a full galaxy background on a page she shared which got me to thinking that a galaxy background would a) contrast perfectly with the red and gold in my title and b) I could finally have a play with a galaxy design cause I haven't been feeling the love for art journalling lately. So I got to work spritzing colour and water onto my background of kraft paper which I had already applied some book paper and white gesso to.

I love how it turned it out in the end.


I kept the embellishing pretty simple using a chippy piece embossed with gold embossing powder and some stars I had cut from the paper I created with a metal die. Oh, and lots of journalling!


I really, really loved this challenge and had so much fun creating it! I hope I have inspired you to play along as well this month! Head over here for all of the A-MAZING creations by the DT and to load up your entry! Good luck and happy scrapping!

Melinda
x

PS I currently am having a little give away over on my YT channel if you want to check that out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment