Tuesday 14 March 2017

{Colour Blast} Shine

Hi and hello I'm here with you today sharing a 12x12 layout I made for Colour Blast Australia!

You can see my process here on the YT channel and you can read on for a full step-by-step.


Ok, so first up I started with a white piece of cardstock, some gyprock tape (the fun things we find in the husbands workshop ;) ) and some White Heavy Gesso. I totally forgot to take a photo but I quickly stuck down some of the tape in 2 places - where the photo was going (top left third of the page) and the bottom right hand corner. You can see the tape in a couple of close ups below. Once that was stuck down I applied a quick coat of gesso with a paintbrush.

Next up I added colour. Again I have used the beautiful Colour Shimmer Dust this time in Navy. I added a little water, mixed them up and applied some water to the page and then used a big brush to apply the colour to over the top of the gessoed tape. And then I used the same brush for some sprinkles of the colour.


And the bottom right hand corner


I put that aside to dry and then got to work on my chipboard.

I have used 2 pieces which I have cut up to go behind my photo. I decided to go with the Just Blue Colour Embossing Powder so I used my ink dabber to apply embossing ink, then sprinkled on the embossing powder and heat set on all the chippy.


I can't believe this is the 1st time I have used this beautiful colour but oh, I just love, love, love it and so glad I added it to my stash!

Next up I did some stamping with some black Archival ink. I have used a stitching stamp and some word stamps and I just stamped all over the place, some vertically and some horizontally.


And my final addition to the background was some ink splatters using both the Roadbase Colour Spray and the Bling Colour Shimmer Spray.


I left that to air dry and then got to putting my page together. I have used mostly a wet adhesive due to the mixed media in the background and I just love how this page came out in the end!


And some close ups


I just love this little title area with that colour, chipboard and punchinella!





And more of that beautifully embossed chipboard, swoon!!


And, lastly, those fun splatters in the Navy, Roadbase and Bling.

Thank you, as always, for stopping by and taking the time out of you day to check out my project!

Until next time, happy scrapping!!


Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment