Monday 20 March 2017

{ScrappingClearly} The Great Bunny Trap 2016 ~ March Sketch Challenge

Hello, hello crafty friends, I'm here with you today sharing another page I have made with the gorgeous and super versatile Teresa Collins Something Wonderful collection from ScrappingClearly! 

Today I am also working with the March sketch which looks like this if you have not yet seen it!


This sketch was a little out of my norm but I had fun making it and came up with the idea of using a cut file in a circular shape in the background and using the Black Wood paper for my background.

Here is my completed page


As you can see I have backed all of the open hearts with patterned paper and for the majority of the hearts I have used up my left over off cuts from my 6x6 paper pad so very little waste!!


I used some vellum from my stash to cover the open middle of the heart wreath, attached one side of the wreath and trimmed the excess off to attach to the other side and love how it looks!

With all that detail in the wreath I didn't want to add too much to completely take over so I haven't too much! I started by adding a strip from the Cards 12x12 paper and also a strip of washi tape under the photos as a grounding strip for the photos and to represent the chevrons/arrows on the sketch.




I used a couple of off cuts (again from my 6x6 paper pad) as layers behind my photo and popped up the photo on the left with some craft foam. 


I've used some of the alphas from the Alpha and Label stickers sheet for most of my title and pulled out those fun black and white stripped alphas from my stash for the BUNNY in the title. But first I added a really quick, light layer of white gesso to blend out the background paper a little.


I've added a couple more strips of the washi, some of the label stickers, a bunch of the brads, the 5 from the ephemera pack, some of the buttons and a chipboard piece from the chipboard stickers


To finish off my page I used some Roadbase Colour Spray by Colour Blast to add some sprinkles, added in my journalling (a little different from the sketch but that is part of the wonderful thing about sketches, they are a great jumping off point!), a date stamp and a couple of little phrases in 2 places.


If you would like to see my whole page come together you can see the process video simply by clicking play below!!



This is the second "The Great Bunny Trap" page I have created as this is a family tradition which when this Easter happens will have happened for 6 years so I thought that for a little continuity I would run with the same title but change it up each year! If you would like to see my 1st "Great Bunny Trap" page click here and it will take you to my post!!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Make sure you get your entries in for your chance at an awesome store voucher from Kylie!!


Happy scrapping!




Melinda

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment