Wednesday 17 October 2018

CUT to YOU | Be Brave Be Strong | A Scrapbook Page

Hi everyone and thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Today's share is my latest make for CUT to YOU and I have used the Be Brave Be Strong cut file for my page. 


You can find the digital file here and the custom cut here and for the month of October it is FREE with any purchase! Gwen created this file for a very special cause (of course October is Breast Cancer Awareness month here in Australia) but to read more about that you can find Gwen's post here with a little of her story.

CUT to YOU is once again sponsoring Scrap The Girls and this is the STG mood board for the month which I am playing along with.


And here is my page! 


As you can see I have used the quote as my main inspiration but also drew on the pinks in the graphics and the idea of "the fighter" from the entire board.

I have a process video up on my YT channel if you'd like to watch, just click the play button below and enjoy! 


I cut the file on black cardstock and then after I traced and did an internal offset I cut the words also on my cameo rather than sticking and cutting. This made it super quick and easy to back the cut file, without a great deal of mucking around!


Some texture in my background and some splatters.


A couple of layers behind my photo including a vellum bag for my journalling tag to slot into for a little bit more personal journalling. Just as a side note, though that part of my journalling is hidden it is not top secret, not to be read by anyone ever, it's "hidden" in plain sight and if anyone cared to take the extra step to pop their hand into my album and pull the tag out for a read I would have no problem with that. It's "hidden" in the sense that perhaps not everyone flipping through my album would like to read the more touchy feely stuff of life but there if anyone wanted to!


I added some puffy black alphas to finish off my title, some enamel dots/shapes and little journalling to the front of the page with a grey pen and my page is done!


And this ephemera piece was just perfect for this page!


Head over here to play along with the October challenge with STG and over here to check out all the beautiful cut files available in the CUT to YOU store!

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Mel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment