Tuesday 2 October 2018

STB October 2018 | Shine Bright Zany One | A Scrapbook Layout

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog! Today I am sharing my take on this fun mood board for Scrap The Boys for October. Blue with a dash of pink. 


Navy and light pink {heart eyes}; one of my all time absolute fave colour combos and here is my page.


I have used this cut file from CUT to YOU and added in the word "zany" using some GIANT Ali Edwards alpha stickers.


I have used 4 different mediums with the plastic packaging technique to add colour to my white cardstock. Which I had applied a coat of clear gesso to. You can see my whole process in process video, linked below!


I have cut the outline of the cut file in a navy blue Studio Calico paper that has been in my stash for ages and also cut the inside pieces using my Cameo and a Cocoa Vanilla Studio paper and I am totally loving the end result!


I embellished pretty simply by adding some pink tissue paper behind all 3 photos, using some veneer around the page and adding in some enamel shapes in white, dark and light blue.


After almost everything was stuck down I felt that my white alpha stickers were way too white so I grabbed a Distress Oxide pad and a water colour brush (one of the Vicki Boutin brushes - LOVE!!) and coloured my alphas, dabbing it off before it was completely dried. I then also added some splatters of the same colour to my background and over the top of my alphas.


Head over here to check out the rest of the DT's beautiful work this month and make sure you get your challenge uploaded to the blog post before the end of  the end of the month! I can't wait to see what inspires you with our moodboard this month!

Until next time, happy scrapping!!
Mel
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment