Wednesday 12 December 2018

CUT to YOU | Merry & Bright | A Scrapbook Layout

Wow!! It is practically the middle of December already and I cannot believe how quickly this month is flying by. Heck, 2018 has just disappeared! I hope you are managing to stay on top of the crazy this time of year, so far so good here, however school finishes tomorrow so my tune may change lol

Anyways, I am here today to share my latest creation for CUT to YOU and yep, it's a Christmas page! This month CTY is again sponsoring the Scrap The Girls challenge blog with this inspiration board and I was inspired by the black dresses with the pops of those fun Christmas colours.


Here is my page


I have used the super fun Merry & Bright digital cut file for this page and built my whole design around it and am really happy with the way it pops off the black! I did try it on a couple of patterned papers and also on white but I really do love it on the black!


I knew I wanted to use the cut file right in the centre of the page so working on that idea I pulled out my white gesso, watered that down and added splatters all over my background. I then pulled out my gold mist and did the same. I left that to air dry and continued working on the rest of my page.


I really struggled at this point to find photo's to scrap!! This was, after all, for Scrap The Girls, and the majority of my Christmas photos have at least one boy in them but after a bit of searching I found these silly Christmas Day (evening) Snapchat Elf photos of myself!


I backed the word and and also the star with some gold printed acetate (I may have stocked up on this, shhhh!!) and then left the cut file alone.


A few messy, textured layers behind my photo including some gold washi strips, some gold machine stitching all the way around the frame of the cut file and voila, my page was done!


I have a process video available for this page which you can watch below.


I did add a few extra bits and pieces after I turned off the camera including some gold holographic star stickers, a red chippy arrow and a little circle chipboard piece in black that says "hi" and then I was done!!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this page come together and make sure you head over to the CUT to YOU store to get your hands on this awesome cutfile. Remember, you can buy it as a custom cut or as a digital cut file!

See you all very soon! Until then, happy scrapping!!

Mel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment