Friday 21 December 2018

CUT to YOU | Merry Christmas | A Scrapbook Layout

Hey everyone and happy 4 days before Christmas!! The big question, are YOU ready?! For a change, I think I am!! I can't wait for Christmas morning with my boys, the joy and wonder on their faces is priceless!!

This is my last post pre-Christmas (I think lol) so I'd like to quickly take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas!! I hope that wherever you find yourself and however you celebrate you have a "good enough" day filled with more happiness and love than you wish for!

Now, onto my share for today, which is another Christmas 2017 page and I've used the beautiful Merry Christmas Script cut file from the CUT to YOU store.


I have, of course, used the digital cut file which meant I could make the cut whatever size I wanted and I, in fact, part designed my layout in the Silhouette software so I could get my cut file just the right size! You can pick up the Custom Cut file here.


Isn't that photo of my boys just so cute?! This was taken last Christmas Eve, just before bed, after they said goodbye to Pixie (our Elf on a Shelf) and left milk and cookies for Santa. And carrots for the reindeer of course ;)

I have kept this page pretty simple. That big title, painted with black gesso and backed the stars with some gold glitter paper, paired with that gorgeous gold foiled paper for my background I thought looked so pretty together, I didn't want to cover up too much!


I've pulled a bunch of stuff from my Christmas box mainly focusing on colour. I have some Teresa Collins tags and word phrase stickers, some flair from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and some stickers from Heidi Swapp. You can see how I store my Christmas supplies in my process video as I pulled it out to hunt through for pieces for this page.


The only mixed media I added was tiny black splatters with some ink and a little paint brush.


I added a couple of lines of journalling and my page is done!

Looking at these photos of my boys and seeing their faces on Christmas morning takes me back to my own childhood. The wonder, excitement and pure joy in the magic of believing and I just hope that they believe as long as I did. Or still do, but, shhhh, don't tell anyone lol

I hope you have enjoyed this page and I will be back again very soon with another share, perhaps even before 2019 comes along. Which, just quietly, I have some sneaky, fun things planned coming in January, stay tuned!

Until next time, happy scrapping and have a safe, love filled Christmas!

Melinda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment