Wednesday 13 March 2019

CUT to YOU | Family Christmas Selfie 2018

Hey everyone and welcome to the CUT to YOU blog today! I am so excited to be here sharing on the blog for the first time with my latest creation for CUT to YOU!

Hello my scrappy friends, it's so lovely to have you here on my blog today!! Today's share is for CUT to YOU and I love the simplicity of my page that really lets my cut file of choice shine!



I have used an "older" cut from November called Title Bouquet. As soon as I saw this file I knew I wanted to make it BIG and fill that middle area with a kind of panoramic picture.




I cut this gorgeous cut file on a busy and bright pattern paper for something different and after trying it on white, grey and black I settled on the black cardstock back ground. I just love the way the cut file jumps off the page and it such a beautiful feature.




Before I did anything else with the cut file I sprinkled gold mist all over my background and popped that aside to dry. While that dried I adhered my big photo into the open rectangle and added some white machine stitching. I popped up the photo on some dimensional adhesive and then got to work on my title.




I have used dimensional adhesive behind my letters as well and then stuck that big cluster as one piece. I have only used adhesive where the dimensional adhesive was applied and have not stuck down the outer leaves and details.




I created a smaller cluster to the bottom right of the page including the rest of my title and some scraps of paper from the same collection I cut my cut file from. I've added in some stitching to the bottom cluster as well. I finished out my page scattering some enamel dots all around the page.



I have created a process video for you today and it includes the process I followed in Silhouette Studio to get my file cut and how I "designed" my page as well before I cut anything! I'd love for you to check it out!

I hope you have enjoyed this page and I will be back again soon with yet another share!! 

Until then, happy scrapping!
Mel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment