Saturday 2 March 2019

STB March 2019 Challenge | My Love For You

Hey everyone!! A new month and another new challenge for Scrap The Boys!


This month we have a beautiful inspiration board to play along with and I was inspired by both the quote and the colours (one of my all time fave colour combos - navy and light pink) and decided to go big with my title.


This month our sponsor is Cocoa Vanilla Studios and though I have a substantial CVS stash I didn't have just the "right" colours to use for my background or cut file so pulled from my stash.


The cut file I used is from the Silhouette Studio Store and the file number is 111217. I have cut it on an older Dear Lizzy paper and made it fairly big. I also used the same paper to back the right hand side and the bottom of my card stock background.


I added some splatters on my background, behind where my cut file would be, using some of my Shimmerz Paints products.


A couple of layers of scrap papers from my stash behind my photo of my boys and also some tissue paper.


I pulled out my stash of CVS Midnight embellishments and layered those around the page and under/around my photo.

My final step was some enamel dots from CVS also sprinkled around where my photo and embellishments were.

Something different for me, no journalling!! I felt that the title said all that I wanted to say. I may go back in and add the details of the where we were and the why they were dressed up but I do have other photos of this same event (wedding) which I will scrap and tell those details.

A pretty simple page but I really, really love the way this came together! I feel like I can create any page with these colours and I will love it lol

I do have a process video for this and will link it up as soon as it's edited and uploaded. I am currently away on scrap retreat for the long weekend (here in WA) and won't be able to finish off my video until probably Tuesday.


I hope that you find some inspiration from myself and the other DT members over on the STB blog here and do remember to link up to the blog post!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll be back again with another page to share with you all!

Mel
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment