Wednesday 27 March 2019

CUT to YOU | Dad's Awesome Little Helper

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog today!! I'm really excited to be here sharing this page for CUT to YOU with you as I've done something a little different with a cut file for this. Without further ado, here is my creation






As you can see I have created a mixed media background without a cut file in sight!! But wait!! The cross stitch heart pattern in the background is indeed a cut file! It's the Stitch Geo Heart cut file and I cut this on some paper that I won't use and then using some modelling paste used it as a stencil! I did leave it over night to dry thoroughly as I knew I was going to add lots of water.







I've used my (brand new ;) ) Distress Oxide sprays to add colour to the heart. I've simply sprayed a little colour, spritzed some water and between tipping my page and using a paint brush got the colour moving all over the heart and defining the heart shape. The colours I have used are Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Faded Jeans. I've used a wet paint brush with clean water around the shape of the heart to fade out the colours.







Once the colours were dry I went back in with the nozzle of each of the colours and splattered away to my hearts content. You can see in this close up how you get the different colours coming through with each of those sprays and I just love it!







I didn't want to cover up too much of the heart so I have used a pattern paper behind the square photo and then some white tissue paper behind both photos and stuck them together.







It was always obvious to me that the title of this page HAD to be "Dad's Little Helper" so with that in mind I picked out some lettering and in the process found that "awesome" wood veneer painted in the perfect colour to go onto this page so added to my title coming up with "Dad's Awesome Little Helper" - all the alphas are from my stash and all except the tiny foam ones are old!







I added in a couple of cut apart pieces from Elle's Studio and then finished off the page with some yellow puffy hearts. I love the contrast of the yellow against all of those blues and greens!







This is a pair of older photos but I really do love going back and scrapping some of these older memories. There is a big part of me that is sad that this little dude is now so big, it just goes so fast; but it always makes me smile when I reminisce!

My "stencil" is still good for another use or even 2 as I only used it to apply some modelling paste and didn't leave too much on the paper so you very may well see this same pattern pop up soon!
I do have a process video available for you as well, including how I created my stencil in Silhouette Studio. Just hit the button below and enjoy!





Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll be back again soon with another share!

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment