Tuesday 14 May 2019

CUT to YOU | Together

Hello fellow creatives I'm so happy you have visited me here today! I'm sharing another 12x12 layout for CUT to YOU and playing along with the Scrap The Girls May challenge as CTY is this months sponsor.



We had this sketch to play along with and as soon as I saw I thought one of the brand new cut files would be perfect so I cut the Frames Background cut file on white card stock.




And here is my page! I've gotta be honest and say that this is nothing like what I had "planned" out in my head but I do really love it! I kinda got a bit carried away painting lol




I wanted to crack into my Cocoa Vanilla Studio Happiness collection so pulled out the pattern paper with ALL the colours and matched those as best I could with some Distress Ink Pads. I've used Faded Jeans, Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers.




I had intended on colouring just the full blooms in this cut and backing the open ones but, like I said, I got carried away with my painting! The technique I have used to colour is super easy. All I did was smoosh my ink pad onto my craft mat and then used a water colour brush to pick up the colour and paint it onto my cut file. Easy!




I made sure I had different shades of the colours happening which just mean applying a second or third coat and then blending the edges and I really love how this turned out!




I have backed the main frame with the photo of my Mum, my sister (little sister that is lol), myself and my Aunty from my Mum's birthday lunch earlier this year and then backed all of the other frames with pattern papers from the Happiness collection. I ended up backing the open flowers with some plain vellum and love the softness it adds.




I also had other plans for the background paper! I was going to use the beautiful wood grain that is in this collection but when I happened to move my cut file to find something it ended up on this gorgeous pattern and I just LOVED the way it looked! So I shifted gears again!
I popped the cut file up on some old cardboard for dimension adding layers to the pieces that were the furthest away from the centre and then leaving the open leaves and flowers without any adhesive.
Before I stuck that down however I decided I wanted to mute out some of that pattern a little bit so I used some white gesso and my finger to spread some behind where all of my page elements were going and then stuck down the cut file.




Finally, some embellishing. With all the pattern on the background paper I didn't want to add too much so I simply used my Pixscan mat in my Cameo software to fussy cut some butterflies from on of the other pattern papers and added of those (in pink) to the centre of the big open flowers.
I added tassles from the ephemera pack (OMG aren't they gorgeous!), a title piece from the Midnight collection as well as a sticker that says Wonderful. I pulled in a couple of wood grain labels from my stash to add my journalling, added in some white ink splatters and my page was done! I also have a process video for you linked below so I do hope you will pop over and that you enjoy!




That is it for me for today. This page turned out completely different to what I had envisioned but I really do love the end result and love that I got this photo scrapped! Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!



Melinda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment