Wednesday 7 January 2015

A Christmas Card swap

Hello!

Today I am here to share with you a Christmas card I made for a swap over at Kit and Clowder.

I have used the gorgeous stamp Spritz from Saturated Canary which I purchased back in 2012 as he reminded me of my Hunter who was born in August 2012 ;)

I had so much fun colouring him up and coming up with the card design!

Here is the finished design


I started with a kraft base, a white layer which I have used a stencil and gold colour shine by Heidi Swapp. Popped little Spritz up, did some heat embossing in gold and added some twine, some bling and a La-La Lands die cut from a Heidi Swapp 6x6 paper.

Here is a close up of the little guy


COPIC COLOURS I USED
SKIN: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20
HAIR: E21, E25 and E29
CLOTHES/WINGS
BLUE: BG000, BG01, BG05 and BG09
TEAL: BG10, BG13, BG49 and BG78
CANDYCANE: R22, R24, R29 and R59 Also C0

And a funny little story to tell too!! As I said, I brought this little cutie because he reminded me of Hunter. I had not told my big guy Jacob this information and while I was colouring him up Jacob came into my craft room and said "Mummy, why you colouring Hunter?" How cute!!

And lastly, just a little close up of the embossing


I also just wanted to quickly show you a before photo of this little guy which I coloured in 2012 shorty after I purchased him.


WOW!! I still actually believe how far I have come!! I remember being SO proud of my effort on the 1st one!! If you are contemplating taking colouring classes, please head on over to Kit and Clowder and sign up!! Alyce is truly an AMAZING teacher and best of all, in the online technique classes, is the personal feedback on EVERY image you upload!!

Thank you for stopping by and happy scrapping!!

Mel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment