Wednesday, 14 January 2015

The beginning of 2015

So, so, so excited to be sharing my 1st creations as part of the Dusty Attic DT!! 

I must say again, thank you so much for the opportunity Jen, I am thrilled to be working amongst some amazingly talented ladies!!

I will be sharing 3 projects today, 2 were Christmas gifts and the 3rd is our title page for our Project Life album.

I had Jen cut me some big numbers as I had an idea in my head!! I didn't know where it was taking me but this is what I have ended up with.

I am so, so happy with how this turned out! I originally ran with another idea which didn't work so I gesso'd the numbers, painted them with the Vintage Gold paint by Dusty. I then used a background stamp with teal permanant ink and randomly stamped onto each of the numbers. When that was thoroughly dried I used a thick coat of the Clear Crackle Varnish - I must say, I totally love this product!!

Here is a close up of just the numbers decorated

Into each pocket I popped a little photo (which is double sided), a charm (which we all picked ourselves), our 1st initial (Dusty chippy of course) and some sequins, vellum hearts and Candi dots (which I also made double sided).

I have gold embossed the backs of all the numbers as after trying a couple of different things they were looking a bit worse for wear!

One of my 1st ideas was to make up a 12" x 12" collage of some fave pics of 2014 and use that as the inserts for each pocket but decided against that as I LOVE the see through. I printed the 12" x 12" collage as 6 4" x 6" photos and slipped those straight into pockets and this sits directly behind our cover page.

So, that is our 2015 PL title page COMPLETE and by the 3rd of the month - I impressed myself!!

My next project was a gift for a very good friend of mine. Our friendship has developed over the last year and I truly value her just being there so wanted to make her something special.

I started with the stamped image "Nevaeh" from Saturated Canary and my copics after I found out her fave colour is PURPLE!! Of all things PURPLE!! Now, I love the way this frame has turned out but I really am NOT a fan of PURPLE!! So, I sucked it up and coloured away.

The copic colours I used are as follows
SKIN: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20
HAIR: E21, E25 and E29
EYES: BG70, BG75 and BG78
DRESS: V000, V01, V05, V06 and V09
BV000, BV00, BV02, BV13 and BV08
E40, E41, E43 and E44
SHOES: E40, E41, E43, E44 and E47
W1, W3, W5 and W7

I then matched the coloured image to some water colours and went a little crazy on some water colour paper - I totally love the way this layer turned out!! You can't see much of it but it is there! 

Next was the embellishments! Lo and behold, the purple flowers I received in my kit were a PERFECT match!! I added a couple of butterfly charms from my stash and the chippy word from Dusty as well which I gave a light coat of gesso and again used my copics for the exact colour match. A coat of Clear Crackle varnish and voila!

Here is the finished project which I gifted to my beautiful friend only 2 days before Christmas and she loved it!!

And my 3rd project is a much simpler canvas I made. This was gifted to my Mother In Law as a Christmas gift also. She likes simp
le and clean so I went with that.

Again, I started with the stamped image "Brothers and Buddies" from Saturated Canary and my copics. The colours were fairly obvious to me as the stamp is actually a custom of my boys so off I went. 

The copic colours I used are as follows
J is Jacob (left) and H is Hunter (right)
SKIN J: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20 H: E00, E11, E13, E15 and R20
HAIR J: E30, YR31, E33 and E35 H: E41, E43, E47 and E49
EYES J: B91, B95 and B99 H: BG70, BG75 and BG78
J: Top W0, and W1 Pants B91, B93, B95, B97 and B99 
Shoes E70, E71, E74, E77 and E79, W3, W5 and W7
H: Top G20, G21, G24, G28 and G29 Pants W1, W3, W5, W7 and W9
Shoes E40, E41, E44, E47, W0 and W01
Dinosaurs J: YG61, Yg63, YG67 and G29 H: B00, B02 and B06

I picked out a blue Kaisercraft paper from my stash that has little coloured stars all over it which lead me to my next choice of colour for the title and colour for the chippy stars.

I used the "Our Beautiful Boys" title and the Sunshine paint and added a coat of Clear Gloss Varnish. I picked out some stars and coloured those up with more DA paint - this time mixed with some water and sprayed on - I have used the sunshine, oceania and cranberry colours. I really wanted to balance the colours a bit more, so I grabbed a J & H from one of the alpha sheets, "spray" painted them in cranberry and also gave them a coat of clear varnish.

Again, I'm very happy with the way it turned out and so too is my MIL :D

I have had so much fun playing with DA product and have more projects on the go but mostly our PL album - some perfect little bits and pieces!!

The products I have used are as follows

DA0926 - Vintage Gold Acrylic Paint
DA0861 - Mini ABC Set Uppercase
DA0808 - Dusty In Bloom Evening Blush
DA0807 - Dusty In Bloom Blue Bonnet
DA0386 - Mini Words #1
DA0900 - Crackle Varnish
DA0120 - Our Beautiful Boys
DA0933 - Star #1
DA0905 - Sunshine Acrylic Paint
DA0912 - Oceania Acrylic Paint
DA0910 - Cranberry Acrylic Paint
DA0610 - Mini Spritz Bottles

You can now purchase directly through the Dusty Attic website so no more hassles trying to find that perfect piece elsewhere. All you need to do is open and account and shop to hearts desire!! 

As an added bonus for the month of January if you use the promo code happy2015 you will receive 20% off your order!!

No comments:

Post a Comment